+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Calling IRCC Internationally help ?

drsalah

Jan 18, 2024
Hi,

I am applying from outside Canada.

I need to update one of the questions on my application. I submitted a webform today but only received an auto-reply stating:

"Thank you for contacting the Migration Section of the Embassy of Canada. The Migration Section is not open to the public. All applications must be submitted online."

The response does not confirm if my request has been successfully received. Additionally, I am unsure if I contacted the correct IRCC office since I don't know where my application is being processed.

I am planning to call IRCC Internationally (using Fongo). Can they help me update my application or confirm if my webform has been sent to the correct office? Also, does the IRCC phone number assist with TRV applications submitted online from outside Canada?

Thank you for your help

Last edited:

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
All you can do is to submit a webform which you did, it can take 10 business days give or take so you application got updated.

By telephone you can only update your contact information I guess.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am applying from outside Canada.

I need to update one of the questions on my application. I submitted a webform today but only received an auto-reply stating:

"Thank you for contacting the Migration Section of the Embassy of Canada. The Migration Section is not open to the public. All applications must be submitted online."

The response does not confirm if my request has been successfully received. Additionally, I am unsure if I contacted the correct IRCC office since I don't know where my application is being processed.

I am planning to call IRCC Internationally (using Fongo). Can they help me update my application or confirm if my webform has been sent to the correct office? Also, does the IRCC phone number assist with TRV applications submitted online from outside Canada?

Thank you for your help
No point in trying to reach IRCC by phone. Save your time and effort.