+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

documentation

sun_glow

Aug 29, 2016
Hi Guys, my sister made an application for a study permit outside Canada in 2012 which was denied due to insufficient funds but her date of birth on her passport and on the application she submitted is September 23, 1985.

She now wants to apply for permanent residence through Express Entry with her correct DOB which is September 23, 1990.

Will this affect her application for Express Entry and how can she remedy this situation?
Can she change the DOB on the Canadian immigration database?

Please any suggestions on how to prove her true DOB on her Express Entry application will be helpful.

Thanks

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
How come her 'true' age is 5 years younger than the age on the passport?!
I don't really know how she can prove such a huge difference specially with previous records with IRCC that shows otherwise. IRCC do compare current applications with previous records they may have and you can't change that.
The only fact I can see here is that she has committed a fraud/misrepresentation in her study permit application or she is planning to commit one in her PR application. That is, she either claimed to be 17 to get a study permit where she was only 12 OR she is claiming to be 27 to get more points for a PR application where is 32. Good luck coming up with a story to justify that!