+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document: Proof of relationship

adamodef

Feb 29, 2016
Hi Everyone !

Came up another question when I started to upload the files what required. So,

Document: Proof of Relationship

You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:

a marriage certificate
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)
a birth certificate
an official document naming you as a parent
a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter’s passport showing the inviter’s parents, if applicable

In my situation, I lived with my Canadian Citizen Common-Law partner in Canada with work permit. We don't have own child yet but she has two ones. They are over 18 years old, also Canadian Citizens. The younger live with us but he has a part-time job, in other words he is not a dependents child anymore.

What documents I must upload at this point?
My opinion is , the Statuary Declaration of Common-Law for sure, but has an other window besides which is asking the Statuary Declaration as well. We can proof it by our T1 Tax Return too which is shows our marital status, but non of them ask above the tax return document.

pls, help !
Thank you so much!

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
What are you trying to do? Did you apply through spouse sponsorship stream? Then this is the wrong forum to ask your question.
Are you applying through CEC? Then your common-law's children are out of the picture. Upload any proof that you have in regards to living with a Canadian citizen if they are asking for it.

Best of luck,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
adamodef said:
Hi Everyone !

Came up another question when I started to upload the files what required. So,

Document: Proof of Relationship
a marriage certificate
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)
a birth certificate
an official document naming you as a parent
a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter’s passport showing the inviter’s parents, if applicable

In my situation, I lived with my Canadian Citizen Common-Law partner in Canada with work permit. We don't have own child yet but she has two ones. They are over 18 years old, also Canadian Citizens. The younger live with us but he has a part-time job, in other words he is not a dependents child anymore.

What documents I must upload at this point?
My opinion is , the Statuary Declaration of Common-Law for sure, but has an other window besides which is asking the Statuary Declaration as well. We can proof it by our T1 Tax Return too which is shows our marital status, but non of them ask above the tax return document.
You can either use the statutory declaration in both places, or go ahead and upload the 1st page of your T1 - the list they give is not exclusive.