+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document for Proof Of Relationship

kumarchandrasen

Jan 9, 2019
Could someone confirm whether bio pages on mine and sibling's passport showing our parent's name alone work as a proof of relationship? Would I need to show any other document as well?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Could someone confirm whether bio pages on mine and sibling's passport showing our parent's name alone work as a proof of relationship? Would I need to show any other document as well?
Yes it will work. To claim siblings points you need show the following 3 things-

1) Show your relationship- You can use your passports if you have your parents name mentioned and/or birth certificate.

2) PR/Citizenship status of your sibling- You can submit sibling's PR card/ citizenship documents.

3) Proof that your sibling is actually living in Canada- You must show any documents which proves your sibling's residential address such as driving licence, bank statements, utility bills etc.

Hope it helps.

kumarchandrasen

Jan 9, 2019
Yes it will work. To claim siblings points you need show the following 3 things-

1) Show your relationship- You can use your passports if you have your parents name mentioned and/or birth certificate.

2) PR/Citizenship status of your sibling- You can submit sibling's PR card/ citizenship documents.

3) Proof that your sibling is actually living in Canada- You must show any documents which proves your sibling's residential address such as driving licence, bank statements, utility bills etc.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the confirmation. Regarding "Proof that your sibling is actually living in Canada" , would the Natural Gas Connection bill work? I hope it comes under Utility bill umbrella.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for the confirmation. Regarding "Proof that your sibling is actually living in Canada" , would the Natural Gas Connection bill work? I hope it comes under Utility bill umbrella.
Yes it is utility bill but you should add another type of proof to make it two proofs. Good luck.