+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

document Checklist says ( Multiple ) documents .

doitnow

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the generated document checklist for me , i see the following documents to be uploaded :

National ID (Multiple) (required)

Why the word (multiple) is there ? . I have only one CNIC which i mentioned in my application .. Why it says multiple then ?

Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)

Same issue .. I have only one passport ( my first ) mentioned in application and never traveled abroad .. So what does multiple mean here ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doitnow said:
In the generated document checklist for me , i see the following documents to be uploaded :

Why the word (multiple) is there ? . I have only one CNIC which i mentioned in my application .. Why it says multiple then ?

Same issue .. I have only one passport ( my first ) mentioned in application and never traveled abroad .. So what does multiple mean here ?

The only thing I can think of is they want your Birth Certificate as well. Are you a dual citizen? There is no other reason they would want multiple documents unless you are a dual citizen.

The only documents I have are Passport and Birth Certificate. What other ID documents are there?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
doitnow said:

Ignore it. That is for people who might have the need to submit multiple passports (dual citizens, for instance). If you have only one document, it does not apply to you.

haris01

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Multiple means all the pages of passport and cnic including biometric cards and birth certificate

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
haris01 said:
Multiple means all the pages of passport and cnic including biometric cards and birth certificate
How does "multiple" mean "all pages of the PP"? Unless and otherwise specified, it is sufficient if you submit only the biometric pages of your PP.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
How does "multiple" mean "all pages of the PP"? Unless and otherwise specified, it is sufficient if you submit only the biometric pages of your PP.
There have been people rejected for doing this. Better to submit all pages of the passport. It doesn't cost anything and gives one less reason for rejection.

haris01

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
i applied through consultant and CIC require all the pages of passports, biometric cards and birth certificate translated in English

Also cnic need to be translated in English and submitted along with scanned original

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
JoacRy said:
There have been people rejected for doing this. Better to submit all pages of the passport. It doesn't cost anything and gives one less reason for rejection.
This clearly is a mishap. Though I have never heard of such a rejection, I can't be sure that it never happened.. Asivad too advises to submit biographic pages only. I'll check and maybe get back tomorrow!

But yea, your logic applies - better safe than sorry. Anyway, let's find out if anybody was rejected because of this.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
haris01 said:
i applied through consultant and CIC require all the pages of passports, biometric cards and birth certificate translated in English

Also cnic need to be translated in English and submitted along with scanned original
I guess you have not have researched yourself(maybe because you hired a consultant). Please take a look at the following link -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Also, birth certificates are required only for children. This is also mentioned in the link provided.

Your consultant is right about the translation part. If a document is not in English or French, then, it must be translated and notarized and both the original copy and the notarized version should be submitted.

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
Pakistani National and legal resident in Saudi?

Do need to mention Pakistan CNIC and Saudi Resident ID in identity documents and upload the same?

So far I have only mentioned passport and uploading bio page only.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alee667 said:
Pakistani National and legal resident in Saudi?

Do need to mention Pakistan CNIC and Saudi Resident ID in identity documents and upload the same?

So far I have only mentioned passport and uploading bio page only.
No you only upload the passport details (in your case for Pakistan). The only time you would upload anything else is if you had more than 1 passport for different countries.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
rajkamalmohanram said:
This clearly is a mishap. Though I have never heard of such a rejection, I'll take your word for it. Asivad too advises to submit biographic pages only. I'll check and maybe get back tomorrow!

But yea, your logic applies - better safe than sorry. Anyway, let's find out if anybody was rejected because of this.
People have reported it a few months ago, but I haven't heard about any rejections for this reason recently. The instructions do say only the bio data pages.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Nobody was ever refused because they submitted just the bio pages of their valid passport. That's all CIC needs from the applicants.

Multiple is a generic term in the document section - doesn't apply to everyone.

help4pr84

Star Member
May 28, 2024
Hi re-asking the old question. I currently have a US Passport for my PR application must I upload my old expired US Passport as well?