+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you think I can apply under FSW program?

jlmed

Jan 19, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if I can apply under the FSW program since my career (Multimedia Engineering) is a mix of programming and graphic design. The closest one seems to be 2174 Computer programmers and Interactive Media Developers.

However, my work experience (1 year) so far has been centered mostly on the design and human-computer interaction part of my skills. Is there any chance you could take a look and let me know if I could apply under FSW due to my degree (which I will have assessed, of course) or if my work experience wouldn't prove to be enough?

Job title: IT Researcher

Main duties:
- Collect, analyse, and document user requirements.
- Create storyboards and mock-ups for graphical user interface (web, mobile) and interaction techniques.
- Constant communication, assistance and corroboration with development team (web, mobile).
- User testing and documentation of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Design and produce animated videos for marketing purposes (this includes script, storyboard, audio and video editing).
- Investigate best software, methods, interaction techniques, and design practices with the purpose of publishing research papers and or books.

Education required: Bachelors degree in Multimedia Engineering, Multimedia Design, Interaction Design, User Interface or User Experience related fields.

Establishment: All work was performed in a University lab where all hardware/software facilities are provided. (Universidad Autónoma de Occidente in Cali - Colombia)

Thank you so much if you can help me with this, I honestly have no one else to ask!

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
There is a good calculator you can use:

http://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

You have to be eligible for FSW:

http://www.canada-da.com/calculator.html

If your score is higher than the threshold, you're welcome to apply. If your points for EE are higher than whatever number they announce, you get an ITA.