+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do Visa officers verify flight itinerary PNR numbers from the Airline website?

Nadieee

Aug 26, 2023
Hi, I bought a travel itinerary online. The itinerary had a PNR which was verifiable for 2 weeks. I got the verifiable itinerary pdf from Qatar Airways website and attached it to a document that I wrote to explain my purpose of travel. Now my question is will the travel itinerary be an issue since after 2 weeks it is not verifiable? Do the visa officers verify the PNRs? or do they verify E-tickets?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi, I bought a travel itinerary online. The itinerary had a PNR which was verifiable for 2 weeks. I got the verifiable itinerary pdf from Qatar Airways website and attached it to a document that I wrote to explain my purpose of travel. Now my question is will the travel itinerary be an issue since after 2 weeks it is not verifiable? Do the visa officers verify the PNRs? or do they verify E-tickets?
There is no requirement to have a ticket purchased to include with your app, it will not help your app in any way. If you haven't paid yet or can get a full refund you should cancel it. With the variable processing times they no longer expect to see one but you still have to outline what your travel plans are, where, when and for how long. You can change that after visa approval. They just want to see you have a plan with you app to see if it's realistic.