+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do PNP residency requirements encompass Canada only?

Mar 12, 2024
Hey guys,

First I'd like to thank everyone that contributes here, this forum has been of an immense use to me in order to navigate the express entry process.

As a nominee I am required to settle/live in the province that gave me the nomination. Very sensible.

Now, I've managed to unlock a certain opportunity that would last roughly a year that I'd like to embark on.

Unfortunately it is in a different country.

Landing and moving to a different province/territory as a PNP holder is not allowed (well it is, but might struggle renewing PR and/or applying for citizenship later).

What about soft landing, moving to a different country and then returning to the nominating province (in time to meet the federal residency requirements of course)?

It seems to me that this indeed would not be an issue as otherwise people returning to sort their life at home would be having problems, on the other hand I would imagine its probably not impossible upon soft landing or afterwards for the border agent to refuse me if they see a temporary working visa for another country.

My goal is indeed permanently settling in Canada, sorry if anyone thinks I'm trying to game the system. Merely asking for clarifications.

Regards

Jez