+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO NOT UPDATE EE PROFILE untill ..... sharing my experince

Singh1985

May 6, 2016
Ok this is pretty simple mistake i made but we can easily avoid it.

I created my EE profile last year and my nomination is under process from ONIP. So everything was going smooth ..

Last month my brother who is in Canada got his PR approved so i though i ll just update my EE profile which is a simple thing. But as soon as i updated my profile, it got ineligible with no option to revert or do anything with the profile.

Now what happened was - CIC updated the funds requirements by slightly increasing the funds. When i created the profile the LICO was approx 14500 for two persons and i have mentioned 15000 as amount of money i ll bring to Canada. This year the funds requirements for two persons got increased to approx 15150. Thus when i updated my personal details, i didnt increase the funds i would bring to canada.. thus as soon as i saved and submitted my profile, it got ineligible. It never came to mind that i should check if the fund requirements have changed or not.

For few hours i was all furious on my self that i should not have changed it etc etc and worst thoughts were running in my mind that now i have to do everything again including requesting/waiting nomination from different states, etc..

The solution to above is easy - just create a new EE profile under same account and then update ONIP about your new EE number and Job seeker validation code. After which you ll see the nomination under your new EE profile. You have to send ONIP, the exact update you did to your profile, the new EE no and job seeker validation code and the letter from CIC acknowledging the new profile. This letter is the message welcoming you to EE, just open the message and click on read, it will download a PDF.

I thought it worth sharing the experience and how you can avoid the pretty small mistake.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Won't it be possible to just update the funds, at the same time you make any other edits, and before transmitting the updates? So you won't bother with updating OINP with the new EE profile number and job seeker validation code.

Singh1985

May 6, 2016
bellaluna said:
Won't it be possible to just update the funds before transmitting the updates? So you won't bother with updating OINP with the new EE profile number and job seeker validation code.
Yes defiantly, i am sure thats the best thing you can do. But human nature... i made a mistake that i didnt update the funds before submitting the update..

I was not keeping the latest updates on CIC and i read many people saying that funds for new year will not affect last year applicants, even i think same is mentioned on CIC website somewhere. But may be this is tru only if you dont update your profile.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
The previous funds threshold will be in place only if you had already sent the PR application before the funds update, that's for sure. Then again, you may be right that the funds update may not have been applied if you had not changed anything else in the EE profile and transmitted the updates, which triggered a new eligibility assessment.

Thankfully, OINP is considerate with this update which has affected many applicants.

sumitthegreat

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singh1985 said:
Ok this is pretty simple mistake i made but we can easily avoid it.

I created my EE profile last year and my nomination is under process from ONIP. So everything was going smooth ..

Last month my brother who is in Canada got his PR approved so i though i ll just update my EE profile which is a simple thing. But as soon as i updated my profile, it got ineligible with no option to revert or do anything with the profile.

Now what happened was - CIC updated the funds requirements by slightly increasing the funds. When i created the profile the LICO was approx 14500 for two persons and i have mentioned 15000 as amount of money i ll bring to Canada. This year the funds requirements for two persons got increased to approx 15150. Thus when i updated my personal details, i didnt increase the funds i would bring to canada.. thus as soon as i saved and submitted my profile, it got ineligible. It never came to mind that i should check if the fund requirements have changed or not.

For few hours i was all furious on my self that i should not have changed it etc etc and worst thoughts were running in my mind that now i have to do everything again including requesting/waiting nomination from different states, etc..

The solution to above is easy - just create a new EE profile under same account and then update ONIP about your new EE number and Job seeker validation code. After which you ll see the nomination under your new EE profile. You have to send ONIP, the exact update you did to your profile, the new EE no and job seeker validation code and the letter from CIC acknowledging the new profile. This letter is the message welcoming you to EE, just open the message and click on read, it will download a PDF.

I thought it worth sharing the experience and how you can avoid the pretty small mistake.
Thanks Singh1985 for sharing your experience. Can you share , when you sent mail to OINP and in how many days they transferred your nomination to new EE profile.

I am waiting since more than a month and still OINP has not transferred nomination to my new profile. I am not sure what to do and running out of time as my nominaiton will expire next month.