+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do LOA required for dependent minor outside Canada?

Sep 24, 2024
1. Family Information form IMM5707 not showing under supporting documents while I try to apply for SOWP (spouse of student)

2. Do LOA is required for 5 years old dependent minor applying outside Canada with SOWP mother?

Kindly help, thank you.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
1. Family Information form IMM5707 not showing under supporting documents while I try to apply for SOWP (spouse of student)

2. Do LOA is required for 5 years old dependent minor applying outside Canada with SOWP mother?

Kindly help, thank you.
Applying for a study permit for a minor
Generally, if you’re applying for a study permit for a minor (even at the primary or secondary school level), you need to provide a letter of acceptance from the educational institution in Canada that the child is going to. You may provide either the original letter of acceptance or an electronic version.

Minor children don’t need a study permit for programs that are 6 months or less, but may still apply for one before entering Canada.

Minor children who want to study for 6 months or more must apply for a study permit before they enter Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Kindly help, thank you.
No need for LOA just indicate the child will be attending the local public school. Are you a masters or PhD student and are you already studying?