+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do I qualify for immigration ( w.r.t experience)?

smallville

Nov 11, 2009
Hi

I am planning to apply for canadian immigration.Currently i am on H1 in US and working as computer systems manager for last 2 years. So I have total of 2 years experience as Computer systems manager and 3 years experience prior to being promoted, as network administrator.

I want to ask if I can claim 4+ years of experience? or do they count only that experience which i have as a manager?

I don't want to take a risk by giving 2 yrs of experience as a manager and 3 yrs as a network admin...........and thinking i will get max points for experience but only end up getting points for 2 yrs.

I have a masters in computers , So i have 25 points in it already = 25

If my experience qualify as 4 years +, i get point = 21

for english, i want to skip IELTS if i can ( though i can give it if required).......what is the IELTS score to get 16 points in english proficiency?..........

is there a score between 16 ( for highly proficient) and moderate proficiency (8 points)?

because if i count 16 points i get a total score of 72 ( my age gets me 10 points)

but i count 8, i cannot get more than 64 which disqualifies me.

Also suppose if i send my application citing my proficiency as 16, will they straighaway reject my application considering my mother tongue is not english? or will they ask me to take IELTS?

or is there a way in between where they can interview me to test my english?

and one last question - about having a relative in Canada.......what proof do they ask to prove the relationship? or can it be just a family friend who are citizens of Canada and can write me a letter?

Sorry for asking lot of questions. Please redirect me to some information if this has already been asked.

Thanks
Smallville

Najeebkhan84

Sep 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 May 2011
Doc's Request.
Send along with Application
IELTS Request
Send Along with Documents
Med's Request
25-1-2013
Med's Done....
18-2-2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
PPR1> 9-10-13 7 PPR2> 24-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2013
LANDED..........
26 jan,2014
smallville said:
Hi

I am planning to apply for canadian immigration.Currently i am on H1 in US and working as computer systems manager for last 2 years. So I have total of 2 years experience as Computer systems manager and 3 years experience prior to being promoted, as network administrator.

I want to ask if I can claim 4+ years of experience? or do they count only that experience which i have as a manager?

I don't want to take a risk by giving 2 yrs of experience as a manager and 3 yrs as a network admin...........and thinking i will get max points for experience but only end up getting points for 2 yrs.

I have a masters in computers , So i have 25 points in it already = 25

If my experience qualify as 4 years +, i get point = 21

for english, i want to skip IELTS if i can ( though i can give it if required).......what is the IELTS score to get 16 points in english proficiency?..........

is there a score between 16 ( for highly proficient) and moderate proficiency (8 points)?

because if i count 16 points i get a total score of 72 ( my age gets me 10 points)

but i count 8, i cannot get more than 64 which disqualifies me.

Also suppose if i send my application citing my proficiency as 16, will they straighaway reject my application considering my mother tongue is not english? or will they ask me to take IELTS?

or is there a way in between where they can interview me to test my english?

and one last question - about having a relative in Canada.......what proof do they ask to prove the relationship? or can it be just a family friend who are citizens of Canada and can write me a letter?

Sorry for asking lot of questions. Please redirect me to some information if this has already been asked.

Thanks
Smallville
Q1>one should have only 1 year of experience in the 38 designated occupation ,for the rest of ur experience u can claim points provided that they comes under Skilled Type A,B,0,so if u have experience for 1 year as a Manager,u can claim point for all your job.

And about u English test,u have 2 option either go for IELTS or provided a written statement explaining that ur English is very good,(but here i must code the example that i read somewhere that ..immigration officer ask for a student of Oxford to write an Ielts),+ point of writing an IELTS is that u know ur points exactly and in case of Written prove IO will assign u point according to his understading or it might be return your application.

for relative In Canada they should be your blood relative,not a Friend
About ur Education points if ur number of years is 17,which i guess it is then u can claim 25