+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I potentially qualify for P.R? Help

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
Hi everybody,

I'm from Perth, a small city in Australia, I have been to Canada 4 times for holidays. My next trip there I would like to remain there permanently, namely, a permenent resident. I love the culture and the way people live their lives. Anyhow, I will give you all a brief description about myself and can anybody tell me what is my best option for obtaining permanent residency.

Education: Bachelor (Human Resource + Psychology)
English: I would rate myself with high proficiency (Speaking, writing, listening)
Relatives: Have many relatives in Canada (Grandparents, uncle, aunties)
Job Offer in Canada: None
Work Experience: That is my downfall, I do not possess the experience within the NOC list, in spite of my degrees. I am unable to find work in those areas. I'm grieving about that.

Is there any method around this problem or any 'loopholes' in immigration law to resolve this problem?? Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks in advance!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need at least one year continuous skilled work experience to qualify to apply as a skilled worker plus you need to make 67 points total and you need an occupation from their most wanted list or a job offer or be in Canada for a year first.

If your relatives live in AB, MB or SK, you could look into their provincial program family stream requirements and see if they can sponsor you.

One more thing, you can get a working holiday visa to go to Canada for 2 years, see http://www.whpcanada.org.au/introduction.shtml If you can use that time to gain the necessary 1 year continuous work experience, you can apply as a skilled worker or your employer can help you apply for PR through a provincial nominee program or apply to change your work permit to a closed permit so you can reach a full 2 years of skilled work and apply for PR through CEC.

maua

Oct 2, 2009
Take heart. According to the CIC website, you can still immigrate as a skilled worker - see below

1. According to the eligibility criteria, your application is eligible for processing if:

* you have an offer of arranged employment, OR
* you are a foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student, OR
* you are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one or more of the occupations listed here. (The 38 occupations you speak of)

So if you can find a job offer in your field, you should be able to apply. You also have the advantage of being able to seek employment while visiting. A lot of people are looking for employment from outside Canada. I say go for it.