+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to Transfer My Case from CHC LONDON to CHC INDIA ???

canadageek

Apr 14, 2010
Hello Experts,

Facts are :

1. I applied for Skilled visa for canada from London, UK. Recieved AOR in November 2007 with File Number. I Just filled a form and deposited the fees. No other documents submitted that time.
2. Now I m in USA having Green Card. (Got family based immigrant visa from india few months back)
3. Last month got Married in INDIA, My wife is in India now.
4. Expecting response from CHC London in coming days (as other guy has got response applied few months back from my application date).

Now questions are :
1. I want to add my wife in my application, will the processing of application gonna suffer in any way??
2. How long will it take to add my wife to application ??
3. Do I need to transfer my case to India as right now case is in London, UK and right now i m not living in london???

Please Reply Soon with expected Questions, embassy people can ask like why i want to move to canada when i m in usa right now or any other questions??

Thanks a ton in advance.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
1. I want to add my wife in my application, will the processing of application gonna suffer in any way??
-No, not significantly as yet.
2. How long will it take to add my wife to application ??
-Immediately. Just send the forms, supporting docs & additional processing fees.
3. Do I need to transfer my case to India as right now case is in London, UK and right now i m not living in london???
-Even if u want u cannot. CIC doesn't permit that [under normal circumstances]. It'd be tough call.

Qorax

canadageek

Apr 14, 2010
hi, thanks for reply.
can you guide me how long will it take more to process the case ,
i recieved my file number on 1 november 2007.

regards

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
you must also bear in mind that you applied in 2007 which makes you are an applicat who falls under old system (not the fast track). as far as i know, for old system applicants, CHC London used to take around 3 years and CHC ND used to take 5 or 6 years. which means even if your file somehow gets transferred from London to ND, your processing time may increase.

just my 2 and half cents