+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to take exam again?

Richnew

Jun 19, 2017
I'm an American citizen and I scored 9 out of 9 on the language exam in 2012. But, the web site seems to imply that the test is only good for two years. Do I really have to take another language proficiency exam? It was a waste of time and money 5 years ago and it seems silly that I need to repeat this. Any advice appreciated.

FastTrackIELTS

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Hi,

You should check with the immigration office but if you want to move to a new country (such as Canada) you are likely to have to repeat the test as it does expire every 2 years.

If you are remaining a US citizen, you will not have to re-take the test every 2 years.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Jordan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I'm an American citizen and I scored 9 out of 9 on the language exam in 2012. But, the web site seems to imply that the test is only good for two years. Do I really have to take another language proficiency exam? It was a waste of time and money 5 years ago and it seems silly that I need to repeat this. Any advice appreciated.
1. You may think it is silly, but for Canada Immigration, the IELTs expires after 2 years, if you wanted to emigrate in one of the economic classes, you would have to re-take it.