+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to send police certificates for where I studied 12 years ago?

andygps

May 29, 2018
Hello

I have studied in the USA for 4 years and after that returned to and lived in my home country for the last 12 years. Do I need to include a police certificate for the USA in my spouse sponsorship application? (My wife is the sponsor)

My understanding from the guide is that I don't need to, since it says:

The principal applicant and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with the application:

• Current country of residence if you (or they) have lived there for six months or more.
    and
  • The country where you (or they) resided for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18.
The country for both bullet points would be my home country, but I'd just like to make sure before submitting my application.

Please help. Thanks!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello

I have studied in the USA for 4 years and after that returned to and lived in my home country for the last 12 years. Do I need to include a police certificate for the USA in my spouse sponsorship application? (My wife is the sponsor)

My understanding from the guide is that I don't need to, since it says:

The principal applicant and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with the application:

• Current country of residence if you (or they) have lived there for six months or more.
    and
  • The country where you (or they) resided for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18.
The country for both bullet points would be my home country, but I'd just like to make sure before submitting my application.

Please help. Thanks!
Certainly you need the Police Certificate (PCC) from your home country............will advice you include PCC from USA since you lived there 4 years after you turned 18.

How to Get a Police Certificate – United States
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? Yes