+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to revise my work experience if I am currently on EI?

Sep 25, 2024
I have submitted my EE application in Oct last year once I hit my 1 year work anniversary with additional buffer time, I have now hit my 2 year work anniversary back in July with my application still in the pool as my points are not there yet. The thing is I had a family emergency right after my work anniversary and my company put me in EI for family caregiver benefits for the past 2 months.

My question is, do I need to revise my work experience timeline only up till end of July when I work? or does being on EI count as my working experience too and I don't need to revise my working experience timeline at all? I really want to get my PR so I really don't want to mess up my application.

Thank you so much!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have submitted my EE application in Oct last year once I hit my 1 year work anniversary with additional buffer time, I have now hit my 2 year work anniversary back in July with my application still in the pool as my points are not there yet. The thing is I had a family emergency right after my work anniversary and my company put me in EI for family caregiver benefits for the past 2 months.

My question is, do I need to revise my work experience timeline only up till end of July when I work? or does being on EI count as my working experience too and I don't need to revise my working experience timeline at all? I really want to get my PR so I really don't want to mess up my application.

Thank you so much!!
EI doesn’t count as work.