+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to provide invitation letter?

couldycloud

Jul 31, 2024
Hi all,

My visitor visa has been approved and will come to Canada in end of the year. I plan to visit my long distance boyfriend, he is an International student. Im going to stay at his place, I booked hotel but I’m going to cancel it he’s moving to a studio soon (previously he is sharing house with some people). Do I need to provide invitation letter? I’m just scared during arrival the Immigration officer will ask invitation letter as I’m going to stay at his place.

I have completed documents : latest bank statement, flight ticket(2 ways), my employment letter(stating how many days Im taking leave and will return back to my country)

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

My visitor visa has been approved and will come to Canada in end of the year. I plan to visit my long distance boyfriend, he is an International student. Im going to stay at his place, I booked hotel but I’m going to cancel it he’s moving to a studio soon (previously he is sharing house with some people). Do I need to provide invitation letter? I’m just scared during arrival the Immigration officer will ask invitation letter as I’m going to stay at his place.

I have completed documents : latest bank statement, flight ticket(2 ways), my employment letter(stating how many days Im taking leave and will return back to my country)

Thank you
If you have an approved visa then no need for letter.