+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to make IELTS even with a Job offer?

johnnybulldog

Jan 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2015
Doc's Request.
02-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2016
Hi everybody!

I already have a Job offer! Do I still need to make IELTS test and other things like translate my diplomas etc?

Thanks!! ;D

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
johnnybulldog said:
Hi everybody!

I already have a Job offer! Do I still need to make IELTS test and other things like translate my diplomas etc?

Thanks!! ;D
Yes, everyone needs to do IELTS, it's mandatory for EE.

You'll also need to get your diplomas/degrees assessed by a company such as WES to find out their Canadian equivalency if you didn't get them from a Canadian institution.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Degree assessment is only required if you do not have Canadian work experience i.e. are a prospective CEC candidate. If you are, you don't need any sort of credential assessment, although if you do that, you would get extra points.

Ressie Timbang

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Hi..as from what you are saying that if I apply for EE and will fall under CEC category..I don't need my credentials to be assess..am I right?.. My work experience as a skilled is 3 years..and I have job offer letter from my employer.....I'm really confuse about the credential assessment...pls help

Ressie Timbang

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
And am I still good with EE???... I will be on 4 years cap this April 2015..just waiting for my CELPIP results this coming week...?

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Ressie Timbang said:
Hi..as from what you are saying that if I apply for EE and will fall under CEC category..I don't need my credentials to be assess..am I right?.. My work experience as a skilled is 3 years..and I have job offer letter from my employer.....I'm really confuse about the credential assessment...pls help
If you don't have your credentials assessed then you won't receive any points for your education in your EE profile. This could make the difference between being issued an ITA and not.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
doubleym said:
If you don't have your credentials assessed then you won't receive any points for your education in your EE profile. This could make the difference between being issued an ITA and not.
When you have canadian experience and a job with LMO / LMIA, it adds 600 points, you would care little about the few it adds due to credential assessment.

Depending upon one's situation - it may not be important at all. We are at least 3-4 friends, some have MS, one has Ph D. None of them wasted time or money to try Credential assessment. And of course they had job offer giving 600 additional. Hope i got the point across

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Ressie Timbang said:
Unless you are really conscious about getting additional score due to Credentials, you don't need it otherwise. Without any credentials assessed, but with job offer you would at least score 800ish - could be higher. That seems to be pretty safe to get an ITA with the info currently available.

Of course we are not viewing EE SCORE a medal i.e. to do every thing to score higher, as long as you got enough points to safely get ITA, you are good

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
fkl said:
Unless you are really conscious about getting additional score due to Credentials, you don't need it otherwise. Without any credentials assessed, but with job offer you would at least score 800ish - could be higher. That seems to be pretty safe to get an ITA with the info currently available.

Of course we are not viewing EE SCORE a medal i.e. to do every thing to score higher, as long as you got enough points to safely get ITA, you are good
This person said they have a job offer letter, they didn't mention having an LMIA supported job offer which would give them the 600 points.

If you don't have an LMIA supported offer you DEFINITELY need the ECA.

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doubleym said:
This person said they have a job offer letter, they didn't mention having an LMIA supported job offer which would give them the 600 points.

If you don't have an LMIA supported offer you DEFINITELY need the ECA.
I think the ECA is also a must if you apply EE ... cos if you don't have that then you can't complete your EE file

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
hope for the best said:
I think the ECA is also a must if you apply EE ... cos if you don't have that then you can't complete your EE file
That's not true. If you have canadian experience and LMIA based job offer, you can and people have submitted their profiles without ECA. Scores were obviously lower e.g. a person with non Canadian masters who might have scored around 950, ended up scoring in the range of 850. But the system definitely accepts application that way.

kenjiro

Dec 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hope for the best said:
NO, it is not if you are eligible under CEC.

There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class. But, if you want to earn points for your education under Express Entry, you either need:

a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree, or
an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report produced by an agency approved by CIC to show your education is equal to Canadian education standards.

Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp