+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to get Canada Police criminal record certificate for inland process?

whlee27

Sep 18, 2013
I just talked with who already applied Inland sponsorship and she summit the RCMP Police criminal record certification.
I lived in Canada since 2010 and yes it's over 6months but I believe we do need to get Criminal Record for other country except Canada for inland processing.

Am I right?

Thanks for your help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
whlee27 said:
I just talked with who already applied Inland sponsorship and she summit the RCMP Police criminal record certification.
I lived in Canada since 2010 and yes it's over 6months but I believe we do need to get Criminal Record for other country except Canada for inland processing.

Am I right?

Thanks for your help!
You don't need one for Canada.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
whlee27 said:

Am I right?

Thanks for your help!
You don't need to send one for Canada with your application, because CIC does their own checks. There have been cases when they asked for one, but this doesn't apply to all. You should wait and see, if they need it, then they will request it from you later on.

Only provide PCC for all the other countries except Canada.

scootersda

Apr 8, 2014
Avadava said:
You don't need to send one for Canada with your application, because CIC does their own checks. There have been cases when they asked for one, but this doesn't apply to all. You should wait and see, if they need it, then they will request it from you later on.

Only provide PCC for all the other countries except Canada.
Is the information in this thread still valid. My wife is sponsoring me and I thought I had completed all of the forms and required documents, including my FBI police certificate. I have live with my wife in Canada for 2.5 years.

We asked an immigration lawyer a few days ago simply to review the application. She found a few minor things that definitely needed correcting, but she also states that my "RCMP clearance" is missing. Per the guide and this forum, I didn't think I had to obtain and submit an RCMP clearance. (Neither my sponsor nor myself have any criminal record). Is the attorney wrong in this case. In what circumstances might she be correct. Thanks

madmedic_1

Sep 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
Doc's Request.
15-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
scootersda said:
Is the information in this thread still valid. My wife is sponsoring me and I thought I had completed all of the forms and required documents, including my FBI police certificate. I have live with my wife in Canada for 2.5 years.

We asked an immigration lawyer a few days ago simply to review the application. She found a few minor things that definitely needed correcting, but she also states that my "RCMP clearance" is missing. Per the guide and this forum, I didn't think I had to obtain and submit an RCMP clearance. (Neither my sponsor nor myself have any criminal record). Is the attorney wrong in this case. In what circumstances might she be correct. Thanks
According to the guide and the CIC helpline you do not need to do one for Canada. In saying that, it doesn't necessarily mean your VO won't ask for one at a later date. It is not something they ask of everyone, but they did recently ask my wife to do one. Bad luck on our part I guess, so good luck and hope they don't ask you.

scootersda

Apr 8, 2014
madmedic_1 said:
According to the guide and the CIC helpline you do not need to do one for Canada. In saying that, it doesn't necessarily mean your VO won't ask for one at a later date. It is not something they ask of everyone, but they did recently ask my wife to do one. Bad luck on our part I guess, so good luck and hope they don't ask you.
Thanks for the reply. After dealing with this application for almost 5 years, having it lost by Buffalo, having to repeat the medicals, etc. etc., I am going to take the advice of my skeptical brother-in-law and apply for the RCMP clearance now and submit it with my new inland application. Even if it's not specifically required now per the rules, if they do ask for it later, it would just another reason to delay the application. It's worth it to me to do it now.

But thanks again.