+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to disclose my overseas bank accounts as well during e-APR?

greatstrides

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
I am a resident of India but last year, I was in Germany for around 5 months for training purposes. I did leave but I have kept my German bank account open as I am anticipating a visit there in the next few months. Now I am arranging proof of funds and I was wondering if I need a bank letter from Germany as well. My bank in India agreed to provide it in IRCC's format but the folks in Germany refused it outright. I don't have any debts or loans in any country but in Germany they refuse to provide such a thing in writing. Bottom-line is:

Can I just submit my Indian bank statement and proof of funds letter that shows that I don't have any debt or loans? And that I have the required amount of money for EE?

Since I have to disclose my travel history to Germany and I will be providing a PCC for that, will it incite IRCC's curiosity to see my German bank accounts too? In case, they send me an ADR for a letter from bank in Germany, how can I decline it without risk of being rejected? Also does IRCC care about getting POF letter from all the places where you have lived? To see that you don't owe anyone anything.

I can potentially provide online statements from my account in Germany to show that I was not paying installments for any loans but I am wondering if it's a good idea to submit all these financial documents in advance? Or will the letter from my Indian account suffice for starters?