+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do i need to apply for a re-entry visa?

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi to everyone,

I am slightly confused as to what to do.. i work as a live-in caregiver and will have my vacation to the Philippnes on Nov and will be returning on December of this year. In my passport, i have a multiple entry visa which wil expire on 2011 and my work permit is until 2011 too. My question is, do i still have to apply for a re-entry visa since in my work permit it states there that it doesnt authorized a re-entry visa? If ever i need one, where can i apply? is it here or in my country? as much as possible, id prefer applying here as processing in the Phil takes time.. What do i need to submit to apply for a re-entry visa?

Please help me... Thanks in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

loida86 said:
Hi to everyone,

I am slightly confused as to what to do.. i work as a live-in caregiver and will have my vacation to the Philippnes on Nov and will be returning on December of this year. In my passport, i have a multiple entry visa which wil expire on 2011 and my work permit is until 2011 too. My question is, do i still have to apply for a re-entry visa since in my work permit it states there that it doesnt authorized a re-entry visa? If ever i need one, where can i apply? is it here or in my country? as much as possible, id prefer applying here as processing in the Phil takes time.. What do i need to submit to apply for a re-entry visa?

Please help me... Thanks in advance!
No,as you say you have a valid multiple entry TRV.

PMM

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks PMM for the response! Do i need still need to show the immigration at the port of entry a letter from my employer stating that they are expecting me to come back on a specific date? Was there any occasion where a person has been refused to re-enter canada even he/she carries a multiple visa?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

quote author=loida86 link=topic=21451.msg110117#msg110117 date=1247032674]

thanks PMM for the response! Do i need still need to show the immigration at the port of entry a letter from my employer stating that they are expecting me to come back on a specific date? Was there any occasion where a person has been refused to re-enter canada even he/she carries a multiple visa?

[/quote]

Nope your TRV and work should be sufficient, you can carry a letter from your employer if you wish to be doubly sure.

PMM

mznutcracker

Apr 16, 2009
hi...u just need to go to poea to have ur OEC just show to them a letter frm ur employer that they are expecting u to comeback. just had my vacation last may and back in canada last june