+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need IELTS?

AAFahad

Jun 13, 2012
I got mixed opinions from different people, may be some of you smart folks here tell me what is correct.

I have a bachelors a degree from University of North Texas, I also have an associate degree and corporate work experience in US.
Why would I need the General IELTS that is required for immigration?

Should i not be able to waive this requirement? specially since I lived in US 7+ years and have a 4 year program completion record.

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
my cousins have been residing in the USA for 15 years now. They speak and write broken English. They normally hang out in their own community.

Rules are rules. They are the same for everyone. Even a native speaker from England is going to sit for IELTS if he or she is going for a immigration purpose.

How about shelling out 100 bucks? And get this shiit out of your way.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAFahad said:
I got mixed opinions from different people, may be some of you smart folks here tell me what is correct.

I have a bachelors a degree from University of North Texas, I also have an associate degree and corporate work experience in US.
Why would I need the General IELTS that is required for immigration?

Should i not be able to waive this requirement? specially since I lived in US 7+ years and have a 4 year program completion record.
I'm American, born and raised, and I was required to take IELTS for CEC. So YES, you'd need to take it as well.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rockers2012 said:
How about shelling out 100 bucks? And get this shiit out of your way.
More like $285 CDN if you take it in Canada or $190 USD if you take it in USA