+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need a new PCC?

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Hi
I work in Canada, I have visited my home country (Pakistan) and have to submit my documents(17th October) before I leave for Canada on 19th October.

The question I have is that do I need a new PCC after I land in Canada i.e. exit Pakistan, or the one I have is good enough?
If I need a new PCC, do I need to submit any LOE explaining that I will be leaving Pakistan on 19th and will submit a new PCC?

Please help

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Hi
I work in Canada, I have visited my home country (Pakistan) and have to submit my documents(17th October) before I leave for Canada on 19th October.

The question I have is that do I need a new PCC after I land in Canada i.e. exit Pakistan, or the one I have is good enough?
If I need a new PCC, do I need to submit any LOE explaining that I will be leaving Pakistan on 19th and will submit a new PCC?

Please help
If your current stay in Pakistan is less than 6 months you do not need a PCC.

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Apparently, many comments on the forum suggest I would need a PCC after I leave the country. Is that true?

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Apparently, many comments on the forum suggest I would need a PCC after I leave the country. Is that true?
IRCC will request a PCC for your current country of residence and any country where you have spent more than 6 months in the last 10 years.

If you have not stayed more than 6 months in Pakistan after the date of your most recent Pakistan PCC (which, I am assuming, is the one you are thinking of replacing by a new one), then you do not need to apply for a new one.

"Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on."