+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO I NEED A GUARANTOR FOR PR CARD APPLICATION????????????

Gene E

Jun 2, 2011
Hi everyone,
Some immigration consultans are suggesting that I need a guarantor in order to submit properly my application for PR card. This is the first time I'm hearing about that. They state that if I do not have such a guarantor, I need to have a "statutory declaration in lieu of guarantor", which I need to sign in front of either a lawyer, commissioner of oath, or notary public.
Does anybody knoe anything about that requirement or this is something bogus?
Thank you guys...

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gene E said:
Hi everyone,
Some immigration consultans are suggesting that I need a guarantor in order to submit properly my application for PR card. This is the first time I'm hearing about that. They state that if I do not have such a guarantor, I need to have a "statutory declaration in lieu of guarantor", which I need to sign in front of either a lawyer, commissioner of oath, or notary public.
Does anybody knoe anything about that requirement or this is something bogus? All you need is a valid address where the card can be sent to. Having a guarantor is a hoax.
Thank you guys...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You never needed a guarantor for a first PR card as far as I know.

Applying for a PR card later because of it being lost or just because you needed to renew, you used to need a guarantor but this was lifted already in 2008, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/department/media/releases/2008/2008-06-16.asp