+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I include short term employment covering two months in express entry profile where I worked only 4 days.

hulk21

Mar 1, 2024
Hey Everyone

I worked in this company(as a technical customer representative- different NOC from my current software developer job) where I started on September 29, 2021(a Wednesday) and worked Thursday and Friday, and on Monday I made a sick call(October 4th) and resigned on (October 5th).

Now, in express entry profile, there is no way to mention the exact date for employment history. So, when mentioning this company that I have worked for 3-4 days, I selected 2021 September to 2021 October.

Now, express entry has increased my points to 496 from 471 based on the calculations from months. However, I know for a fact I did not complete 2 * 1560 Hours yet. May be by the end of December I will have those hours: 2 * 1560 (since I am currently employed and banking hours)

Now, my PGWP expires on January 24th, 2025, and if an ITA comes in any of the next couple months(say october or november), accepting the ITA might mean that I do not have those 2 * 1560 Hours, for two years of experience. If an ITA comes tomorrow, and I apply on the 59th Day, trying to maximize my hours from my current job, will it still cause a problem(such as be banned from express entry?)

If this was valid, it would mean I would be able to apply for bridging work permit and continue my stay in Canada, otherwise, I will have to leave Canada.

Questions:
1. Will this cause a problem(such as be banned from express entry?)
2. If I later get an ITA after January 24th, when I am in Bangladesh, will it be a problem to submit any file(i hope not since it is all online) or for medical examinations?

Thank you so much.