+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to provide the Additional dependants form?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hi all,

simple question please. I am applying for the PR alone, do I need to provide the additional dependants form ?

Because on their website it is stated :-
You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. You must also provide details on family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t, you will not be able to sponsor family members at a later date if they are not listed on your application.

Does that mean that if I get my PR, and then I decide to apply for family sponsorship, I won't be able since I haven't included them in my principal application ?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you must include the additional dependents form.

If you have a spouse/common law partner or children - they will all have to take a medical and your spouse/common law partner will have to obtain PCCs even if they are non-accompanying.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hi,

I don't get it why would I include the additional dependent form ?

I have removed the dependent section from the original application since I don't have any one and I'm applying for myself only. I don't have spouse, common law partner or any children !

Like idk what to write inside this form.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you don't have a spouse / common law partner and you don't have children - then you don't have any dependents.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
For example,

If I will need to sponsor my parents after I get the PR, do I need to include their names as additional dependents in my current PR application ? Or no ? This is so confusing

Last edited:

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
If you don't have a spouse / common law partner and you don't have children - then you don't have any dependents.
I mentioned in the topic that I'm applying alone ( No dependent ) and you replied with YES You must.. so that added more confusion.

So to conclude, since I do not have any dependent ( Spouse, common law partner or child ) then I do not need to fill the form, right ?

I'm asking because on CIC website, it is not mentioned ( fill this form only if... ) which made me doubt that I have to fill and submit it even if I don't have dependents..

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
I mentioned in the topic that I'm applying alone ( No dependent ) and you replied with YES You must.. so that added more confusion.

So to conclude, since I do not have any dependent ( Spouse, common law partner or child ) then I do not need to fill the form, right ?

I'm asking because on CIC website, it is not mentioned ( fill this form only if... ) which made me doubt that I have to fill and submit it even if I don't have dependents..
The confusion is due to the way you worded your question. The correct word to use is "single" not "alone" because alone gives the impression that you have other dependents but you don't want to include them in the application.
Anyway, as stated above, since you are single and don't have any dependents, you don't need to add anyone to that section in your application. There is another section for your parents and siblings. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: APPNOV2014NY