+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have sufficient time?

Joe Average

Aug 25, 2022
Hello,

I have 1.5 years left on my PGWP and thinking of start working as kitchen helper in restaurant. It falls under BC PNP ELSS program and requires only 9 months of full time job experience to qualify. If I somehow get high IELTS score should I be able to score PNP and have enough time to apply for PR as it is paper based. If not, what other option I might have?

Thank you,
Joe

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
You came to Canada, paid international student fees to study what is presumably a course that requires a relatively high degree of skills and intelligence, and want to become a kitchenhand?

Why not get a job in your field which you paid enormous sums of money to study for and get PR that way?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
This is how it is man @moscatojuices
Is it though? Before I came to Canada I planned to become a truck driver. And I thought, why the hell would I become a truck driver when I have 10 years of experience in advertising? So I applied for a job in advertising and got it and then it's all working out so far.

1.5 years is still a decent amount of time left to find a job in your field and find a pathway to Canada. I mean by all mean it's your life, but just imagine the impact on your career when an employer looks at your resume and asks: "You studied [X] degree, but worked as a kitchenhand for 2-3 years?"

You won't get hired and your degree would have been wasted. Just suggesting you try to find a skilled job with a pathway to PR first if possible.

If I can do it, anyone can do it. And honestly, I'm not smart.

Reactions: catalin1122