+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have a suitable background to immigrate?

BC_Gal

Aug 25, 2008
I am trying to help a friend immigrate to Canada from India.

He has worked in the cruise industry for 20 years doing tours and travel(sales), shore excursions, gift shop and jewellry sales. He also has a diploma in hotel and restaurant management.

Would he qualify under the Skilled Worker category?

Also, where do I start to find an immigration consultant to help him with this and would his chances be better if he used an attorney/consultant versus applying on this own? It seems like there are so many consultants out there and we'd like someone reputable.

We have briefly looked into PNP and a work permit, but it seems like it is difficult to secure a job from outside Canada.

Also, realistically speaking are his chances for immigrating to Canada good or would it be difficult for someone with his background?

What it the best way to start or approach this?

Thank you for any help or guidance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can read about skilled worker at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp
It doesn't look to me like your friend would qualify. Maybe with an AEO for a skilled job as long as he gets enough points.
If he doesn't have enough points, if he gets an AEO as a hotel or restaurant manager for example or any skilled job basically, he could use that to apply for immigration through a PNP, for example in BC, they have quite a bit of tourism or in AB would work too.

Having a consultant will not help if he doesn't qualify for any immigration programs and if he does qualify, he might as well save his money and apply on his own

BC_Gal

Aug 25, 2008
Thanks for the info.

What is the best way to find employment when living outside the country? I have heard that BC and Alberta are good provinces for tourism jobs (which he would qualify for), but we did not see many openings on the govt. job bank site?

Just wondering where is a good place to look and how feasible it is to find a job when you are not living in Canada.

Are there agencies that can help with it or are you pretty much on your own?

Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most people find it hard to find a job from outside Canada.

abaid

Apr 15, 2009
aslam o aliakum
i m fine hoping that u would be fine there with grace of god. i have seen your profile im dem interested in you soo tell me the procedure how i can contact you my contact number is 03445004006 my official mail is
abaid.unfpa@gmail.com and personal email abaid.pandit8@gmail.com hope u consider me further necessary action i have the same problem mahwish because my all family is there but tell me how could i because my problem totaly like your friend
your quick responce shall be highly appreciated