Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
11-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2011
LANDED..........
20-08-2011 Insha Allah
A warm hello to all of you. I'm a newbie here from Bangladesh and in need of urgent help.

Lets just cut to the chase. To the best of my judgment and evaluation I receive exactly 67 points. I should mention that I had a poor score on IELTS and receive only the minimum 2 points out of 16. Is it likely that I will be refused despite getting the cutoff score only because I don't have a good command over English?

I should also mention that although I have managed to acquire the minimum fund of approx CA$ 14000 for me and my spouse, its been in my account for only a week. Will this satisfy the fund requirement?
Or Should I make a fixed deposit with this money?

I realize that the cap for 1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management is going to be filled very soon and if I have any chance whatsoever, then I must apply immediately.

So fellow forum members, please give me your opinion. Should I apply?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Hi,
The first thing to do is to better your IELTS score bcos 2 point is just too low even though you've achieved the 67 points, otherwise u are good to go!!!
Your English seems perfect, quite surprised at the IELTS score though. Aim to achieve at least the moderate IELTS
Speaking: 5.5 - 6.0
Listening: 5.5 – 7.0
Reading: 5.0 - 6.0
Writing: 5.5 - 6.0
(at least that will give u 8 points)
Regarding POF, you willl need to show u got the required funds in the form bank statements, property evaluations, fixed deposits etc. VO will however want to know where u suddenly got 14,000 CA$ from. I hope it is not borrowed cos they can request for POF at anytime of the process.
All the best!
Mandie

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 points in IELTS will not get you far ...
You need to improve your score especially since working in 1122 requires good command over English. Even though you score 67 points overall the Visa Officer might reject your application due to poor language skills.
My suggestion is to send your application with the current TRF to CIO, Sydney since as you rightly pointed out that 1122 might fill up fast. Usually this review is done at VO stage so you still would have some time before it reaches the VO, to give another test & try to improve your score.
But if you are unable to come to at least moderate level, then chances of rejection are high.

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
Could someone gets 2 point in IELT's ,are you a kid or making a joke .

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
yukon said:
2 points in IELTS will not get you far ...
You need to improve your score especially since working in 1122 requires good command over English. Even though you score 67 points overall the Visa Officer might reject your application due to poor language skills.
My suggestion is to send your application with the current TRF to CIO, Sydney since as you rightly pointed out that 1122 might fill up fast. Usually this review is done at VO stage so you still would have some time before it reaches the VO, to give another test & try to improve your score.
But if you are unable to come to at least moderate level, then chances of rejection are high.
To the best of my knowledge, CIO requires IELTS upon initial application before payment is processed (meaning application passed competeness test). So if his IELTS is currently not at the required level, won'this application be returned? Perhaps he could still send the application with current IELTS and attach a registration slip for IELTS test with a note indicating a more improved IELTS will follow....a chance worth taking?. Mandie

mdewan_bd

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
11-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2011
LANDED..........
20-08-2011 Insha Allah
sunasir said:
Could someone gets 2 point in IELT's ,are you a kid or making a joke .
4.5 in IELTS. 2 point out of the 16 in the point test.

mdewan_bd

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
11-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2011
LANDED..........
20-08-2011 Insha Allah
Thanks for the prompt reply regarding the IELTS.

But what about the fund requirement? Is it necessary that the fund be in my account for a specified time. Someone told me that It should be at least couple of months old. And on a closely related note, Some of the funds are in my wife's account. Should I move them to my account as I am the principal Applicant.

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
mdewan_bd said:
A warm hello to all of you. I'm a newbie here from Bangladesh and in need of urgent help.

Lets just cut to the chase. To the best of my judgment and evaluation I receive exactly 67 points. I should mention that I had a poor score on IELTS and receive only the minimum 2 points out of 16. Is it likely that I will be refused despite getting the cutoff score only because I don't have a good command over English?

Your writing certainly suggests otherwise.
How could you have possibly gotten an IELTS score of 2 ???
Incredible!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
mdewan_bd said:
Thanks for the prompt reply regarding the IELTS.

But what about the fund requirement? Is it necessary that the fund be in my account for a specified time. Someone told me that It should be at least couple of months old. And on a closely related note, Some of the funds are in my wife's account. Should I move them to my account as I am the principal Applicant.
Regarding POF, you willl need to show u got the required funds in the form bank statements, property evaluations, fixed deposits etc. VO will however want to know where u suddenly got 14,000 CA$ from. I hope it is not borrowed cos they can request for POF at anytime of the process. The issue is sustainability of the bank account. Even though you are the principal applicant, u don;t necessarily have to move the money to your account as ur wife is included in the application too.
All the best!
Mandie

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
mdewan_bd said:
4.5 in IELTS. 2 point out of the 16 in the point test.
4.5 still does no credit to your obviously near excellent writing ability my friend!

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
mdewan_bd said:

I should also mention that although I have managed to acquire the minimum fund of approx CA$ 14000 for me and my spouse, its been in my account for only a week. Will this satisfy the fund requirement?

I realize that the cap for 1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management is going to be filled very soon and if I have any chance whatsoever, then I must apply immediately.

Immigration officer can fail you at his/her discretion if they do not believe you are economically viable to emmigrate to Canada, even if you secure 67 points.

2 points out of 16 IMO is very unlikely they will grant you a visa, although they are more fussy with some professions than others.

Please remember it is not just about getting the visa. If your standard of English is that poor, you will find it very difficult to secure a job when you go to Canada even if you can get a visa. And of course the visa officer reviewing your case must consider this - "Is this applicant economically viable?" is the question they will ask themselves.

My advice is to work hard on improving your English and when you can get a reasonable IELTS score, then look to apply.

Although, your written English at least sounds reasonable reading your post. Do you know why you scored so badly on your IELTS test?

Best of luck,
Wayne.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandiebraxton said:
To the best of my knowledge, CIO requires IELTS upon initial application before payment is processed (meaning application passed competeness test). So if his IELTS is currently not at the required level, won'this application be returned? Perhaps he could still send the application with current IELTS and attach a registration slip for IELTS test with a note indicating a more improved IELTS will follow....a chance worth taking?. Mandie
Yes, IELTS is required but not judged for procedural fairness. If you score 67 points even with 2 in language CIO will clear your application for eligibility since they do not assess the application for procedural fairness. This is done at Visa Office wherein the relatives are assessed even if the absolutes are clear.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is this thread some kind of a silly joke......the below post is written by someone quite good...

mdewan_bd said:

mdewan_bd

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
11-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2011
LANDED..........
20-08-2011 Insha Allah
ok. since everyone is questioning about the IELTS score lets just settle that first. To be honest I am posting here on behalf of my brother in law. so when I say I have a low score i'm talking about HIM. my IELTS score is 7.5 and I am going to NL canada on study permit next month. But I didnt think that that was necessary to tell. so sorry about that. The thing is If my brother in law starts posting here you guys would have a hard time decrypting his english :D

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
mdewan_bd said:
ok. since everyone is questioning about the IELTS score lets just settle that first. To be honest I am posting here on behalf of my brother in law. so when I say I have a low score i'm talking about HIM. my IELTS score is 7.5 and I am going to NL canada on study permit next month. But I didnt think that that was necessary to tell. so sorry about that. The thing is If my brother in law starts posting here you guys would have a hard time decrypting his english :D
"I should mention that I had a poor score on IELTS and receive only the minimum 2 points out of 16"

Certainly sounds like you are talking about yourself and not your brother-in-law! No problems with your posting on his behalf but it would have been less confusing for us if you had told us that to begin with! :)

Anyway, the bottom line is in my view CIO eligibility review MAY allow your brother through if he has 67 points, since they tend to be very operational-manual-centric. However, I believe the visa office and the immigration officer reviewing your brother-in-law's case would refuse it at his/her discretion with such poor English skills.

To be honest, if I were reviewing the case, I would refuse it too. It would otherwise be unfair on the applicant because they would really struggle to get a job with such poor English, and unfair on the Canadian welfare system which would have to support them if they did not get a job.

Reasonable language skills are a very important component of deciding if someone should be allowed to emmigrate.

So my advice stands - tell your brother to spend time and effort into improving his English skills.

Best of luck,
Wayne.