+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do I have a job offer?

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Sorry if this seems a stupid question
I've been invited to apply for CEC PR through EE. Just filling out the forms and they are a little confusing

I have a current job, it's permanent staff. And I will continue in this job if I get my PR approved.

The EE form is asking if I have a job offer - do I put yes or no? I dont have any other offers, but I do have this job to continue in and come off the work permit which expires this summer.

any thoughts would be great

thanks

cee12345

Dec 23, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC in Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-12-2014 (Received in Ottawa on May-14-2014)
Doc's Request.
Sent PCC on Sep-4-2014 (without any request from CIC)
AOR Received.
June-25-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Dec-22-2014
Med's Done....
Dec-23-2014 (by Dr. Gabor Lantos - Uploaded via eMedical on Jan-13-2015. ECAS updated to Medical Received on Jan-16-2015)
Passport Req..
March 23, 2015 at 9:37PM (ECAS Status changed to Decision Made on March 24, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2015
LANDED..........
May 10, 2015
lotusEsp said:
Sorry if this seems a stupid question
I've been invited to apply for CEC PR through EE. Just filling out the forms and they are a little confusing

I have a current job, it's permanent staff. And I will continue in this job if I get my PR approved.

The EE form is asking if I have a job offer - do I put yes or no? I dont have any other offers, but I do have this job to continue in and come off the work permit which expires this summer.

any thoughts would be great

thanks
If you do not meet the Job Offer as outlined on this link then the answer is no (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp)

A valid job offer has to be:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
and either:

the employer making you the job offer must have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada OR
you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and
you are working for an employer listed on your work permit,
you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job if you are accepted as a permanent resident.

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
ok thanks.
so:

A valid job offer has to be:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B
It is a fulltime Skill B position

you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and

you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job if you are accepted as a permanent resident.
They did get an LMIA for me for this job. It is the employer on my WP, I am authorized to work when I applied.

my WP expires in June so I doubt the PR will be processed by then, so I'll need to get that extended.

So I think I meet all of those requirements, to say that it IS a job offer - right?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
it sounds like it, but you have to have a written letter of offer of permanent employment from your employer...

cee12345

Dec 23, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC in Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-12-2014 (Received in Ottawa on May-14-2014)
Doc's Request.
Sent PCC on Sep-4-2014 (without any request from CIC)
AOR Received.
June-25-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Dec-22-2014
Med's Done....
Dec-23-2014 (by Dr. Gabor Lantos - Uploaded via eMedical on Jan-13-2015. ECAS updated to Medical Received on Jan-16-2015)
Passport Req..
March 23, 2015 at 9:37PM (ECAS Status changed to Decision Made on March 24, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2015
LANDED..........
May 10, 2015
lotusEsp said:
ok thanks.
so:

It is a fulltime Skill B position

They did get an LMIA for me for this job. It is the employer on my WP, I am authorized to work when I applied.

my WP expires in June so I doubt the PR will be processed by then, so I'll need to get that extended.

So I think I meet all of those requirements, to say that it IS a job offer - right?
If your situation is YES TO ALL of the below in BOLD then you have a JOB OFFER.

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week) (YES/NO)
for work that is permanent and not seasonal, (YES/NO)
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC) (YES/NO)
and either:

a.) the employer making you the job offer must have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada OR
b.) you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, (YES to either a or b /NO)

and YES TO ALL OF THE BELOW

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
thanks all

I think whats confusing me (which doesnt take a lot) is that technically my employers arent making me a job offer, as they did that last year. What they are expecting, is that I get my PR so that I can continue in the job.

not sure its the same thing.

I am sure I can get my employer to write a "we will continue to employ him full time based on a successful PR application" or whatever the correct HR wording would be

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
lotusEsp said:
I am sure I can get my employer to write a "we will continue to employ him full time based on a successful PR application" or whatever the correct HR wording would be
Exactly what you need.