+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have a chance to move to Canada?

Hope117

Sep 26, 2021
I currently live in the US and I am under a program called DACA, which basically allows me to work and live in the US, however DACA doesn’t offer a pathway to citizenship.

A little about me, I’m a software engineer with 2 years of experience, however I don’t have a college degree, I’ve heard people in my field are considered desirable skilled workers in Canada, but I wasn’t sure if I even have a chance to immigrate without a degree.

moving to Canada is my plan B if daca was to be cancelled in US, how good or bad do y’all think my chances are to move to Canada under express entry or provincial nomination?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I currently live in the US and I am under a program called DACA, which basically allows me to work and live in the US, however DACA doesn’t offer a pathway to citizenship.

A little about me, I’m a software engineer with 2 years of experience, however I don’t have a college degree, I’ve heard people in my field are considered desirable skilled workers in Canada, but I wasn’t sure if I even have a chance to immigrate without a degree.

moving to Canada is my plan B if daca was to be cancelled in US, how good or bad do y’all think my chances are to move to Canada under express entry or provincial nomination?
Without a college degree you won't score enough points to be selected through Express Entry. You'll face the same issues with most PNP programs unless you secure a job offer in Canada (which tends to be difficult). So right now your chances would be very low. Consider getting a bachelor degree.