+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

divorced

dens

Feb 26, 2009
My husband went to canada in 2004 with a temporary tourist visa. a friend helped him find a job and was able to work with a TRV leaglly extended.Our marriage got in bad shape and we got divorced in 2006 and he married a canadian citizen, and at present he has a resident visa.His marriage in Canada did'nt work out, but he didn't get a divorce yet. he went home to visit his 8yr old son in 2008 and were able to reconcille and he wants us to join him in Canada in the future.So my son and I will be applying for a temporary tourist visa this year and visit him during the summer break but will be returning back in time for my son's schooling.and maybe after a year or so when we visit him again we can get married in canada and then work on my papers.
Will there be any problem in acquiring a TRV at this point in time?Assuming we are granted with a TRV,and when eventually we decided to go back to canada and get married,what are my chances? i hope you can help me with my concerns. thank you !

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There could be problems getting a TRV if you can't convince immigration that you will leave at the end of it. For your husband to sponsor you to come to Canada, you need to convince immigration that your relationship is real and that he's not just doing it to let you immigrate.