+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce certificate requested by CIC

hardyheron772

Dec 23, 2020
Hi guys,

we have been asked for divorce certificate of my wife from her previous marriage for PR Application. In India, they give divorce of decree sheet mentioning dissolve of marriage.

How do I get this divorce of certificate in India? Is divorce of decree enough? Should I attach a copy of that or get divorce certificate from somewhere else like from notary or something?

I'd appreciate if someone can answer. It's important.

Thanks

tugsthebugs

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
Med's Request
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
11-10-2013
Interview........
05-09-2013
Passport Req..
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
Hi guys,

we have been asked for divorce certificate of my wife from her previous marriage for PR Application. In India, they give divorce of decree sheet mentioning dissolve of marriage.

How do I get this divorce of certificate in India? Is divorce of decree enough? Should I attach a copy of that or get divorce certificate from somewhere else like from notary or something?

Thanks
Hi I am in the same situation as you are. Exactly the same! CIC requested "Court Issued Divorce Certificate" but there is no such thing in India as divorce certificate in India. Have you managed to resolve your situation? Please provide any inputs if you have worked on it already.
Thanks

hardyheron772

Dec 23, 2020
Hi I am in the same situation as you are. Exactly the same! CIC requested "Court Issued Divorce Certificate" but there is no such thing in India as divorce certificate in India. Have you managed to resolve your situation? Please provide any inputs if you have worked on it already.
Thanks
I submitted divorce of decree sheet. No update on my case yet.

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thanks
You won't get a Divorce Certificate in India and other Notarized documents that you submit are illegal. Submit the copies of below in a single PDF and they should be more than enough

1. Copy of Divorce Decree Sheet
2. Copy of Judgement
3. Copy of Divorce Application OR Receipt you might have got from the Suvidha Kendra
4. LOE stating that Divorce Certificate isn't legally available in India and in lieu of that you're submitting the rest 3 documents

Out of the 4 documents that IRCC usually requests, the three above (1-3) above should be good.

Reactions: tugsthebugs

tugsthebugs

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
Med's Request
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
11-10-2013
Interview........
05-09-2013
Passport Req..
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
You won't get a Divorce Certificate in India and other Notarized documents that you submit are illegal. Submit the copies of below in a single PDF and they should be more than enough

1. Copy of Divorce Decree Sheet
2. Copy of Judgement
3. Copy of Divorce Application OR Receipt you might have got from the Suvidha Kendra
4. LOE stating that Divorce Certificate isn't legally available in India and in lieu of that you're submitting the rest 3 documents

Out of the 4 documents that IRCC usually requests, the three above (1-3) above should be good.
Thank you very much. What it mean by LOE? Letter of explanation or opinion?

Raman_212

Jul 7, 2021
Hi guys,

Thanks
Did you get any solution?