+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce After Sponsership

Feb 8, 2010
Hi,
I married in Pakistan and my husband has arrived in Canada now. It has come to divorce because we cannot live together. He has just arrived but complications were occuring throughout. He is not living with me and I need advice on how to get a divorce fast. How long will a divorce take in this situation? will an islamic divorce be better first and then a legal canadian divorce? if i want to get married again in Canada, how long do i have to wait? I am very confused but need help fast. thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

marriage_advice said:
Hi,
I married in Pakistan and my husband has arrived in Canada now. It has come to divorce because we cannot live together. He has just arrived but complications were occuring throughout. He is not living with me and I need advice on how to get a divorce fast. How long will a divorce take in this situation? will an islamic divorce be better first and then a legal canadian divorce? if i want to get married again in Canada, how long do i have to wait? I am very confused but need help fast. thank you.
As you are resident in Canada, you will require a Canadian divorce, which you requires 1 year separation.

PMM

Feb 8, 2010
we have been living seperately for an year, however he has spent most of the year in pakistan. is that valid, or does it mean living in canada seperately for an year?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better talk to a lawyer. Maybe it's enough that you have already been separated. However, if you sponsored your husband you will still be responsible for him financially for 3 years after he landed as a PR. Even though you can get married again, you can also not sponsor another husband until your obligation to your current husband has ended.

Pak_Lawyer

May 11, 2009
You can get Khulla ( Divorce ) through Pakistani court. Your physical presence is not essential. You will appoint Special Power Of Attorney who will appear before the court on your behalf. It will take 3 to 4 month to obtain court decree. In my opinion this is the fastest way.

Ch. Ejaz Ashraf Lawyer ( Pakistan )
worshipper1981@yahoo.com
+92 0321 4581017

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Pak_Lawyer said:
You can get Khulla ( Divorce ) through Pakistani court. Your physical presence is not essential. You will appoint Special Power Of Attorney who will appear before the court on your behalf. It will take 3 to 4 month to obtain court decree. In my opinion this is the fastest way.

Ch. Ejaz Ashraf Lawyer ( Pakistan )
worshipper1981 @ yahoo.com
+92 0321 4581017
It may be fast, but it won't be recognized in Canada as the OP would not be resident in Pakistan.

PMM