+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discrepancy in EE steams in profile

JerBear123

May 12, 2022
Some background about my work history:
  1. I was on co-op in one company (A) from May-Dec 2020, followed by co-op in another company (B) from Jan-Aug 2021. There is a 1-week break between that 2 experiences to to co-op job scheduling.
  2. After which I worked part-time for company B while I complete my university studies from Sep-Dec 2021.
  3. Now I am working full-time for company B since Jan 2022. There is no break between the part-time and current full-time position.
All my experiences are as Software Engineers, so it is under the same NOC code 2173.

With my experience, I expect to be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) stream, and will be eligible for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) stream in Jan 2023 since work experience as a student is counted for the latter but not the former.

However, when I created my EE profile, it shows that I have "met" the requirement for CEC but not for FSW. I have reviewed the job experience that I have submitted with the profile but everything seems to be filled up properly with the appropriate hours per week. Since I have received an ITA for BC PNP and currently applying for that, my concern is that my EE ITA will also arrive probably before December 2022.

My concern is that if that happens, I will be in a position where if I received an ITA for EE under Provincial Nominee, I will be in a dilemma of either applying and risk refusal by IRCC due to ineligibility for the CEC stream, or I will need to refuse my EE ITA which I am not sure what will be the repercassions.

I was wondering if anyone has similar experience with me, or if someone can spot if I have an incorrect understanding of the requirements for FSW program.

Thank you.

EDIT: I have submitted an IRCC webform request to clarify with them but so far received no reply. Their hotline is also always busy.