+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Disclosure vs Misrepresentation

Oct 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I wanted to discuss in greater detail what Asivad Anac mentioned in one of the threads here regarding non-disclosure vs misrepresentation:

"Holding back something is NOT always misrepresentation.
You can hold back the fact that you did high school, showcase only a valid PhD and get the highest points. Nothing wrong with that. You can hold back a job or two that you did in the last 10 years which have no relation to your primary NOC and won't add any points to your profile. What you cannot hold back (and requires full disclosure) are things like having had another name, having lived in another country for medium to long term (more than 6 months in a row), being (or having been) married, having dependent children etc.
Misrepresentation is willfully declaring (or holding back) some facts which unduly add (or fail to reduce) CRS points and give you an unfair selection advantage over other applicants.
Not holding back can be practical at times and simultaneously not be a misrepresentation. "

I am a complete newbie and am still waiting for my ECA at this point so I assume that Asivad knows more than me. Asivad seems to imply that non-disclosure is ok as long as the missing information does not effect your CRS points or travel history. But I wanted to clarify what he is implying here:

1. If I have 2 masters degree and I got my ECA for the more recent masters. Then should i just not disclose any information about my first masters degree? I am not getting any points for it.

2. If I have worked in multiple jobs over the years and have obtained CRS points only for my current and most recent job. Does it make sense to say that I was 'unemployed' throughout the years prior to this current job? That would save me the hassle of proving that I had each of those previous jobs and avoid the hassle of getting a employer letter (in the correct format with hours worked, etc) for jobs that I am not even getting points for. My worry is wouldn't my application look strange if it includes several years of being 'unemployed'?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reza_abbasy@yahoo.com said:
Hello,

I wanted to discuss in greater detail what Asivad Anac mentioned in one of the threads here regarding non-disclosure vs misrepresentation:

"Holding back something is NOT always misrepresentation.
You can hold back the fact that you did high school, showcase only a valid PhD and get the highest points. Nothing wrong with that. You can hold back a job or two that you did in the last 10 years which have no relation to your primary NOC and won't add any points to your profile. What you cannot hold back (and requires full disclosure) are things like having had another name, having lived in another country for medium to long term (more than 6 months in a row), being (or having been) married, having dependent children etc.
Misrepresentation is willfully declaring (or holding back) some facts which unduly add (or fail to reduce) CRS points and give you an unfair selection advantage over other applicants.
Not holding back can be practical at times and simultaneously not be a misrepresentation. "

I am a complete newbie and am still waiting for my ECA at this point so I assume that Asivad knows more than me. Asivad seems to imply that non-disclosure is ok as long as the missing information does not effect your CRS points or travel history. But I wanted to clarify what he is implying here:

1. If I have 2 masters degree and I got my ECA for the more recent masters. Then should i just not disclose any information about my first masters degree? I am not getting any points for it.

You are free to disclose that or not in Education history. Having an ECA for the 1st masters won't get you any additional points so it's not worth the effort or expense. Whether you include that in your Education history with/without an ECA or not mention it altogether in your EE profile, it won't make any difference to your CRS score.

2. If I have worked in multiple jobs over the years and have obtained CRS points only for my current and most recent job. Does it make sense to say that I was 'unemployed' throughout the years prior to this current job? That would save me the hassle of proving that I had each of those previous jobs and avoid the hassle of getting a employer letter (in the correct format with hours worked, etc) for jobs that I am not even getting points for. My worry is wouldn't my application look strange if it includes several years of being 'unemployed'?

You don't say that you were 'Unemployed' anywhere. You just don't mention those jobs in Work history as it doesn't add any points to your application. You mention those jobs in Personal history section of your post ITA application - you won't be asked for documentation if you do this.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Thats a nicely elaborated post and answer.

What if one do not mention such jobs during pnp process but still can mention in personal history after nomination and then post ITA?

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And if two activities take place simultaneously (for example study and work) should both be shown in personal history? Or you can choose only one?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Russian said:
And if two activities take place simultaneously (for example study and work) should both be shown in personal history? Or you can choose only one?
Ideally both should be shown. For example, if it's study, they might want to assess if you need a PCC for that period even though the time overlaps with a period you were working. So i think it's important to include it in Personal History.

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
Ideally both should be shown. For example, if it's study, they might want to assess if you need a PCC for that period even though the time overlaps with a period you were working. So i think it's important to include it in Personal History.
When I studied I had unofficial job which I even cannot prove. So I did not include it in my personal history.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Russian said:
When I studied I had unofficial job which I even cannot prove. So I did not include it in my personal history.
No need to include that in personal history. Just mention 'Education' for that entire period.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swsood1686 said:
Thats a nicely elaborated post and answer.

What if one do not mention such jobs during pnp process but still can mention in personal history after nomination and then post ITA?
Perfectly fine.