+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital nomad travel history for e-apr

cManfredi

Dec 29, 2020
Hi, I am in the process of filing my e-apr as a PNP FSW candidate after having received ITA. I am completing my travel history and I have a doubt about how long stays in foreign countries while remotely working for a company in my country of citizenship would look in my application. I have never overstayed my visitor permit, i have never have been refused entry to any country, my stays were never illegal. For example, remote working in the US is allowed without a working visa if you and the company you are working for do not have any clients in the US, which was my case. Does anyone know if such travels (that clearly overlap my work experiences) would be a red flag and if there is something I should explain in detail? Thanks

Travel_K

Jun 9, 2021
Hi, I am in the process of filing my e-apr as a PNP FSW candidate after having received ITA. I am completing my travel history and I have a doubt about how long stays in foreign countries while remotely working for a company in my country of citizenship would look in my application. I have never overstayed my visitor permit, i have never have been refused entry to any country, my stays were never illegal. For example, remote working in the US is allowed without a working visa if you and the company you are working for do not have any clients in the US, which was my case. Does anyone know if such travels (that clearly overlap my work experiences) would be a red flag and if there is something I should explain in detail? Thanks
Hi @cManfredi

I am in a similar situation, as I took many trips to other countries and have stayed in some of them for months while being a full time employee at a company in my home country at the same time. The difference in my case is that as an EU citizen, I didn't need any visas or permits to enter and remain in these other EU countries. My question is regarding how I should present this info on the PR application, and whether I should include some of my longer (2-4 month) trips under travel history or personal history. I am even thinking of adding some of these trips under addresses as well, as I did rent apartments during some of these stays and have received mail and other correspondence. Seems like there is going to be some overlap in activities.

About your stay, as long as you didn't work for a US company, and didn't get paid from clients there, you shouldn't be worried. You didn't breach any visa conditions, assuming you were on a B1/B2 visa. There are many other people staying in other countries (including the US) while working remotely for a company located elsewhere. Did you have an address during your trips? You might also need to get a pcc, depending on how long and/or frequent your stay(s) was/were.

Answers from more experienced and senior members are appreciated

cManfredi

Dec 29, 2020
Hi, I ended up putting everything into the travel history and writing in my LOE some details on the longer trips to explain my situation. My PR application just got approved a few weeks ago so as long as you didn't breach any visa requirements there shouldn't be any problems.

Fyodor

Nov 4, 2021
Thank you cManfredi and congrats with the PR approval! Can you share in general how did you explain in LOE that you worked in other countries while on a tourist visa and at the same time had 40h work hours per week in your company (if I understood your case correctly)?