+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different Scores of CRS Calculator and EE Profile

Mustang166

Aug 2, 2018
Hi Guys

When i use the CRS calculator to find my score, i get a total of 441. However, i am submitted my EE profile, i got a score of 416.

When i tried to find out where the issue was, i found out that CRS calculator was giving me 50 points for Foreign work experience and when i actually submitted EE EOI , i was only given 25 points for Foreign work experience.

Can someone kindly guide me about this? Why has this happened and how to overcome this problem?

Apr 11, 2019
I think you will get the score updated soon. This once happened with me as well, but later the score was updated. Perhaps, wait for 24 hours for the score to be reflected. If not, report a problem through the EE portal itself. I guess, there is an error reporting tool present.

Reactions: Mustang166

Mustang166

Aug 2, 2018
I think you will get the score updated soon. This once happened with me as well, but later the score was updated. Perhaps, wait for 24 hours for the score to be reflected. If not, report a problem through the EE portal itself. I guess, there is an error reporting tool present.
Thank you sanchit.sharma

Also, do different NOC codes impact ones score? For example, if i use NOC 2111 i my EOI, would i get a lower/higher score than if i used NOC 2222 ???

Mustang166

Aug 2, 2018
I submitted the profile again and waited for 24 hours. Its still the same.

CRS calculator shows my score as 441 and EE profile shows it as 416.

In CRS, i get 50 points for foreign work experience
In EE EOI, i get 25 points for foreign work experience and skill transferability.

:(:(:(:(

Please help !!!!!!!

jeff3754

Jun 21, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Maybe the dates you mentioned under your work experience are not adding up?
It was the "hours of work" field. My friend thought it was per-day, but the calculator expected it to be "per-week" basis.

yujiajie

Sep 27, 2019
I have the same problem, got 30 points lower on the EE profile than the calculator, but add up all my score breakdown in the EE profile, it is the same as calculator, the overall score in my profile still 30 points fewer. Seems they did bad on math. Luckily, I got OINP, so I don't really worry about the score. I would guess each people is only eligible for one item in the other section. System pick highest score in the other section. I got OINP FOR 600, i also have Canadian education in that section with 30 points. So they only calculate the 600 but no 30 then. That's why I got 30 less than add up. I am not 100% sure if that is the case.

S.sylph

Dec 26, 2019
I submitted the profile again and waited for 24 hours. Its still the same.

CRS calculator shows my score as 441 and EE profile shows it as 416.

In CRS, i get 50 points for foreign work experience
In EE EOI, i get 25 points for foreign work experience and skill transferability.

:(:(:(:(

Please help !!!!!!!
Hi. I know its a bit old post but i am facing the same issue now. Could you update regarding your situation? Did u get your points or what happen?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
currently 440. The CRS tool estimate is 465
The EE profile is the correct one unless you answered a question wrong in either form. Don’t know how you answered questions or your profile so you need to go through each question and make sure it is answered correctly.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay