+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different provinces have different Express Entry requirements.

nami_12

Dec 15, 2021
Query regarding express entrance - I'm an IT worker who can work from anywhere, therefore it doesn't matter to me where province I move to. Is it easier to apply for a visa in Saskatchewan than than British Columbia or Ontario?

Second, I am a US citizen who recently became an EU citizen by descent, and I should receive my EU passport in a few months. I understand that Canada has no quotas based on nationality, but is there any reason why I should apply using my EU identity credentials rather than my US identity cards? Thank you all very much!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Query regarding express entrance - I'm an IT worker who can work from anywhere, therefore it doesn't matter to me where province I move to. Is it easier to apply for a visa in Saskatchewan than than British Columbia or Ontario?

Second, I am a US citizen who recently became an EU citizen by descent, and I should receive my EU passport in a few months. I understand that Canada has no quotas based on nationality, but is there any reason why I should apply using my EU identity credentials rather than my US identity cards? Thank you all very much!
There is a general Express Entry program / Federal Skilled Worker immigration program that is open to those wanting to settle anywhere but the province of Quebec. Applicants are treated the same and the criteria is the same regardless of which province they want to settle in. You can research this more here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

Separately, each province has its own PNP program with different criteria. Which province may be right for you depends on many different factors such as the number of points you have under the Express Entry points calculation, whether you have a valid job offer in that province, if you have any close family members in any of the provinces, etc. There's really no shortcut to researching each of these programs to determine which may be feasible for you.

Which passport you use doesn't matter.