+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between Work Permit document and Work Visa stamped on your passport

rocket1

Dec 8, 2009
Hi,

I'm a temporary foreign worker in Canada. My work permit and my visa stamped on the passport will expire in July 2010. I'll appy for work permit extension in March 2010.

I want to know that when I apply for a extension of work permit then my visa will also be automatically extended and then I can leave and re-enter Canada anytime.

The Work permit extension application package does not say anything about visa extension. I'm little confused. Please help.

Thanks,

Rocket1

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rocket1 said:
Hi,

I'm a temporary foreign worker in Canada. My work permit and my visa stamped on the passport will expire in July 2010. I'll appy for work permit extension in March 2010.

I want to know that when I apply for a extension of work permit then my visa will also be automatically extended and then I can leave and re-enter Canada anytime.

The Work permit extension application package does not say anything about visa extension. I'm little confused. Please help.

Thanks,

Rocket1
No, two separate items. Once you have an extended work permit, then you can apply by mail for a new TRV through one of the US offices.

PMM