+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn't recieve tracking number, been 6 months. Is that normal?

Annie Naz

Oct 4, 2017
saudi arabia
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
AOR Received.
04-01-2018
Hi, My husband applied for spouse visa for me in Nov. 2017. I live in Saudi Arabia, hes in Canada. We revieved a call of confirmation that it has been accepted in Jan 2018. We haven't received the tracking number and it has been 6months since we were informed of approval. Is that normal?
Is it okay to move on without tracking number?

I've heard through consultant that our papers are being processed in London office. Is it slow there?

Last edited:

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi, we haven't received the tracking number and it has been 6months since we were informed of approval. Is that normal?

I've heard our papers are being processed in London office. Is it slow there?
Your question doesn't make sense, you need to be a bit clearer.

What were you approved for? Sponsor approval, and then the file was transferred to LVO?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi, we haven't received the tracking number and it has been 6months since we were informed of approval. Is that normal?

I've heard our papers are being processed in London office. Is it slow there?
Your application number and UCI are sent to you in AOR1 and again on sponsor approval, both of which happen BEFORE your papers are transferred to the local VO (in your case London). So if you 'have heard' that your papers have been transferred to LVO, then just check the correspondence you have received so far, all of them will have your numbers. London do NOT issue you any numbers, they are already there.

But yes, London is VERY slow!

Annie Naz

Oct 4, 2017
saudi arabia
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
AOR Received.
04-01-2018
Your question doesn't make sense, you need to be a bit clearer.

What were you approved for? Sponsor approval, and then the file was transferred to LVO?
My husband is Canadian immigrant, he applied for my spouse sponsor visa in 2017, I live in Saudi Arabia.
We sent papers in November 2017. Received confirmation on phone that our applocation has been approved for processing in January 2018. They said they sent us a tracking number too but we never recieved, been 6 months. Is it okay to move on without it? immigration office told us that they anyway will call if they need anything..

Secondly, we were told by a consultant that saudi Arabian files are begin processed in LVO. I was wondering if it will take more time if it's slow there..

Last edited:

Annie Naz

Oct 4, 2017
saudi arabia
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
AOR Received.
04-01-2018
Your application number and UCI are sent to you in AOR1 and again on sponsor approval, both of which happen BEFORE your papers are transferred to the local VO (in your case London). So if you 'have heard' that your papers have been transferred to LVO, then just check the correspondence you have received so far, all of them will have your numbers. London do NOT issue you any numbers, they are already there.

But yes, London is VERY slow!
oh. sad. we've already covered 6 months, I'm assuming it will take a lot more than that then.

Thank you so much for your reply.

We have applied in November 2017. Received confirmation of acceptance of application in Jan 2018. I live in Saudi Arabia. My husband is an immigrant in Canada. Do you think it's going to take us even longer? if london offices are slow?

Last edited: