+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn't get ITA after last draw. What to do?

greatstrides

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
It's been almost 7 days since the last draw and I didn't get my ITA. My profile is updated and the status is showing as "submitted". I reached out to IRCC on Twitter and they simply asked if I updated to TEER 2021, to which I replied positively. After that they stopped replying to me. Also submitted web forms, but no reply to them either. Any suggestions to what I can do? I have a CRS of 517 so I could technically withdraw my profile and re-apply again before next draw but I also heard that sometimes EE system doesn't let people make another profile. I am caught in a rock and a hard place. It's very frustrating so any suggestions would be helpful.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It's been almost 7 days since the last draw and I didn't get my ITA. My profile is updated and the status is showing as "submitted". I reached out to IRCC on Twitter and they simply asked if I updated to TEER 2021, to which I replied positively. After that they stopped replying to me. Also submitted web forms, but no reply to them either. Any suggestions to what I can do? I have a CRS of 517 so I could technically withdraw my profile and re-apply again before next draw but I also heard that sometimes EE system doesn't let people make another profile. I am caught in a rock and a hard place. It's very frustrating so any suggestions would be helpful.
Are you living in Canada to get your MP involved?

greatstrides

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Are you living in Canada to get your MP involved?
No longer in Canada now. Should I simply wait until the next draw? Or withdraw my profile? This seems highly unethical if not borderline illegal to not send ITA despite surpassing the cut off score.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No longer in Canada now. Should I simply wait until the next draw? Or withdraw my profile? This seems highly unethical if not borderline illegal to not send ITA despite surpassing the cut off score.
May I ask how your points add up to 517. Assume you are fluent in French and English? If you were in Canada, you could get your MP involved. Why don’t you hire an immigration lawyer (cost money) to work on your behalf? Don’t have any ideas since you aren’t in the country.

greatstrides

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
May I ask how your points add up to 517. Assume you are fluent in French and English? If you were in Canada, you could get your MP involved. Why don’t you hire an immigration lawyer (cost money) to work on your behalf? Don’t have any ideas since you aren’t in the country.
Three years of work ex in Canada and then also extra points for studies. No, I don't speak French. But I scored well in IELTS. Not sure if an MP will help since I came back from Canada. I don't unfortunately have funds for an immigration lawyer just for an ITA. Will waiting for the next draw be a good idea?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Three years of work ex in Canada and then also extra points for studies. No, I don't speak French. But I scored well in IELTS. Not sure if an MP will help since I came back from Canada. I don't unfortunately have funds for an immigration lawyer just for an ITA. Will waiting for the next draw be a good idea?
So you know that you can only count the last 3 years of work experience. So only work from January 17, 2020 onwards. Did your score drop if you lost a year of work experience?

Would wait to hear from those who didn’t receive an ITA too and see what they did.

greatstrides

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
So you know that you can only count the last 3 years of work experience. So only work from January 17, 2020 onwards. Did your score drop if you lost a year of work experience?

Would wait to hear from those who didn’t receive an ITA too and see what they did.
I think it was all adjusted automatically in EE profile. Not sure what others are doing. I didn't come across anyone who didn't get their ITA after the draw this time. It sucks a lot.

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Yeah this is really weird and I have no answers. I think maybe withdrawing from the pool and making a new profile is a good idea because it resets everything and hopefully the system won’t glitch out next time?

greatstrides

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Yeah this is really weird and I have no answers. I think maybe withdrawing from the pool and making a new profile is a good idea because it resets everything and hopefully the system won’t glitch out next time?
I think so too. Do you think there will be any issues in recreating the profile? Don't want to be left out of the pool. Also, how early before the next draw should I make a new profile? A couple of days before?

greatstrides

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
So I got this response to my web form finally.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please note that this email is a response to the enquiries found below this email.

We are currently looking into the issue described in your email. We will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Rest assured that we are working on improving our online services for future releases.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry." (WTF?)

They didn't fix my profile yet and no sign of an ITA either. But they did say that they'll communicate with me if they have more information. It's all a bit weird to be honest and not convincing at all. Hopefully they can fix my EE profile by the next draw.

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
I think so too. Do you think there will be any issues in recreating the profile? Don't want to be left out of the pool. Also, how early before the next draw should I make a new profile? A couple of days before?
As far as I know the draw will consider the profile up until the day of the draw because I think someone on the forum mentioned creating the night before and getting ITA the next day. But of course if you are doing it give at least a few days of buffer time

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
So I got this response to my web form finally.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please note that this email is a response to the enquiries found below this email.

We are currently looking into the issue described in your email. We will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Rest assured that we are working on improving our online services for future releases.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry." (WTF?)

They didn't fix my profile yet and no sign of an ITA either. But they did say that they'll communicate with me if they have more information. It's all a bit weird to be honest and not convincing at all. Hopefully they can fix my EE profile by the next draw.
Yeah I think after the NOC code update they have seen issues such like yours especially in Nov draws, and I think they paused the draws to fix it but apparently they failed…
They are having very frequent maintenance breaks to (I assume) fix this

greatstrides

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
As far as I know the draw will consider the profile up until the day of the draw because I think someone on the forum mentioned creating the night before and getting ITA the next day. But of course if you are doing it give at least a few days of buffer time
Thank you for your reply. Indeed, it is something to consider. The only thing I was slightly worried about was not being able to re-create another profile. I heard that sometimes system can prevent you from making another one. That would really hamper any chances of me getting a Canadian PR so I am slightly worried, but if the problem doesn't get patched then I have no other choice than to withdraw my profile.

Reactions: cz999

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Thank you for your reply. Indeed, it is something to consider. The only thing I was slightly worried about was not being able to re-create another profile. I heard that sometimes system can prevent you from making another one. That would really hamper any chances of me getting a Canadian PR so I am slightly worried, but if the problem doesn't get patched then I have no other choice than to withdraw my profile.
Yeah it’s really a difficult position to be in, but luckily your score is high enough that once those are fixed and it sounds like they are trying, you will be ITA right away