+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did you have any contact before you met in person?

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
Hi,

As per the new form IMM5532E, in part C: how much detail this question requires as I have been in a 4 years lomg distance relationship before I met my wife in person.

Do I have to summarise those 4 years in a write up for this question as how our communication and relationship grew?

Please help.

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Say YES. Then explain how,ex. by phone, whatsup, qq msn, etc. If you can get any printouts, include these. Show dates and times, hours whatever. You only have one time to make a first impression.

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
Just show some messages and emails.

Don't worry about it though this is more for arranged marriages and marriage scams.

If your relationship is truthful then you'll be okay.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
Thanks guys. :)

I'll extend my answer with some brief of the period prior to our first meeting with some supporting print outs like chats, phone calls and some photo clicks of gifts amd their reciepts. Is that fine?

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Hello, I've been asking this question for quite sometime in other post now. My story is I started communicating with my wife initially through social media. I don't have the very very initial messages when I was spoke with her thats like LONG gone now and I changed phones recently and might have lost some of my initial whatsapp messages. I think I still have all my facebook messages. So what do I do from here?

My wife is from Venezuela and she lives in Margarita Island and I live in Canada. We both went to Buenos Aires, Argentina for the civil marriage. Our parents couldn't come of course cause her side of the family can't afford it and my parents are also very busy. So both side of the families never met each other and I'm planning to go see my wife's in laws for first time this summer I hope to gather more evidences like pictures with famililes and prove that this marriage is truthful. I understand while the application is in process I can still add more evidences to our case. Any feedback for this part?

I sent my father in law a video for permission asking to marry my wife in Argentina. I was told by someone else that CIC doesn't accept video as evidence so I need to do screenshots and describe the video content. That person also told me that both families, my parents and my in laws will need to write a letter acknowledging the marriage and translated and also send that in with the package to support the case. Usually either spouse should be able to meet one of the in laws and have celebrations with pictures. In my case, because Venezuela is so dangerous to travel there right now I used a lot of my savings to make this happen.

Feedback and advice appreciated.

Calvin.

SMWNDP

Jan 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/05/2017
LANDED..........
14/06/2017
iSuperman said:
Hi,

As per the new form IMM5532E, in part C: how much detail this question requires as I have been in a 4 years lomg distance relationship before I met my wife in person.

Do I have to summarise those 4 years in a write up for this question as how our communication and relationship grew?

Please help.
I wrote a concise 3 line blurb that yes we had contact before meeting in person and I provided the month, year and the method of communication. I elaborated that we later moved to other methods of communication, as the question outlines:

If yes, give details (eg who initiated first contact, date of first contact, was it by phone, letter, email, social media etc.
For question 11, I elaborated further in a 5 page essay outlining how it all happened from start to present in much more detail.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
calvinw06 said:
... I think I still have all my facebook messages. So what do I do from here?

...while the application is in process I can still add more evidences to our case. Any feedback for this part?

... CIC doesn't accept video as evidence so I need to do screenshots and describe the video content. That person also told me that both families, my parents and my in laws will need to write a letter acknowledging the marriage....
Explain how you knew each other before meeting in person, and include what proof you have. The Facebook messages are good; you can explain that you have lost the initial contacts with each other because you changed phones, or whatever.

Just explain that neither set of parents could come to the wedding ceremony because of lack of money. Because they were not there, it is a good idea to get them to write a letter stating they know of the marriage and approve of it.

Ideally, each person would have met the in-laws, but of course CIC will accept reasons why they could not. You just have to explain. If you have talked to your in-laws on Skype, etc., you can mention that. After you go meet your in-laws, you can send in proof to be added to your file. You can also just keep this additional proof, and if there is an interview, your wife can present it then.

S_Ashir

Dec 22, 2016
calvinw06 said:
Hello, I've been asking this question for quite sometime in other post now. My story is I started communicating with my wife initially through social media. I don't have the very very initial messages when I was spoke with her thats like LONG gone now and I changed phones recently and might have lost some of my initial whatsapp messages. I think I still have all my facebook messages. So what do I do from here?

My wife is from Venezuela and she lives in Margarita Island and I live in Canada. We both went to Buenos Aires, Argentina for the civil marriage. Our parents couldn't come of course cause her side of the family can't afford it and my parents are also very busy. So both side of the families never met each other and I'm planning to go see my wife's in laws for first time this summer I hope to gather more evidences like pictures with famililes and prove that this marriage is truthful. I understand while the application is in process I can still add more evidences to our case. Any feedback for this part?

I sent my father in law a video for permission asking to marry my wife in Argentina. I was told by someone else that CIC doesn't accept video as evidence so I need to do screenshots and describe the video content. That person also told me that both families, my parents and my in laws will need to write a letter acknowledging the marriage and translated and also send that in with the package to support the case. Usually either spouse should be able to meet one of the in laws and have celebrations with pictures. In my case, because Venezuela is so dangerous to travel there right now I used a lot of my savings to make this happen.

Feedback and advice appreciated.

Calvin.
Dealing with similar stuff its sooo hard to prove relation ship when its long distance.... and our familes couldnt make it up to our marriage as its way to expensive to travel from one country to another specialy wher u have no relative to acomodate you...i live in studio appartment .i live alone in australia and my husband lives in Canada..he came to marry me....which was planned and we saved but for families to Travel its not practical.....i dont knw how immigration will take it...

we will be sending our kit in couple of days soo nervous

neftis

Jan 11, 2017
I have some questions so I'm gonna use this thread as it's similar... I've been in a long distance relationship with my partner so our proof will be mostly chat logs. The problem is that we talk a lot about drugs. The first time we said "I love you" was related to drug use, those are very meaningful chats for our relationship but we can't use them. Is it ok to edit out some stuff or is it going to look suspicious?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It will probably look suspicious. If you can cut out a section so that it looks like you are trying to hide something sexual, that would be more understandable. I would just use messages where no drugs were mentioned, though.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Yeah don't do that, don't hide or cut anything out. just find other evidences.

I just realised that since Venezuela is so dangerous right now and you can't trust anyone even DHL couriers cause you don't if they'll open the package for money or whatever reason. So i'm getting my wife to actually write me a love letter (and that's it) keep the receipt of the courier and take pictures so i see the condition of the package before and then after receiving it. If everything went fine and the package can actually reach where I live in Ottawa. Then I can trust the courier DHL and take a chance with it. This way we also have extra evidences that my wife and I are communicating not only through social media but letters too.

Doing it this way helps to show if our package will get lost or not. My best friend's package actually got lost and it took them an extra four months. But since it was their fault, i think someone like David McGuinty said so himself they'll put his case as a rush or priority. But overall my friends case was completed and wife here now.