+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did post graduate work permit issued once???

skmizan

Apr 23, 2023
I am seeking help to know something from expertise...

My daughter is in Canada last 6/7 years. Completed her graduation from Simon Fraser University and almost last 3 years she is working under post graduate work permit.

Till now she does not qualified to apply for PR cause her CRS score only 491.

her work permit is going to expire soon and I guess she will not get for the work permit and may need to return Bangladesh.

I suggested her to complete Masters to raise CRS score, and now she asked me following

"""
She want to know if a person has completed her undergrad from Canada, received their Post-Graduate Work Permit once. If now she complete a Masters degree , will they receive another Post Graduate Work Permit? Or is it a one-time permit?

I am looking expertise suggestion.

Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

My daughter is in Canada last 6/7 years. Completed her graduation from Simon Fraser University and almost last 3 years she is working under post graduate work permit.

her work permit is going to expire soon and I guess she will not get for the work permit and may need to return Bangladesh.

I suggested her to complete Masters to raise CRS score, and now she asked me following

"""
She want to know if a person has completed her undergrad from Canada, received their Post-Graduate Work Permit once. If now she complete a Masters degree , will they receive another Post Graduate Work Permit? Or is it a one-time permit?

Thanks in advance
PGWP is only once so if she takes a Masters, she will not get PGWP on completion.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022

"""

Thanks in advance
This is just my opinion based from personal experience. I have seen many people concentrate only on EE, when there are other PR pathways one can pursue. Why not try other PR pathways? There are a bunch of them out there. EE is not the only pathway to PR.

My CRS score was only in the low 300s, therefore will never qualify for any EE pathways. I pursued a Non-EE PNP from Ontario instead and now a permanent resident, despite having a very low CRS score.