+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not declare common law on PGWP, declaring on pr.

kanoon22

Jul 13, 2020
Hello Guys,

I have a question. I have not declared my common-law partner in previous post graduate work permit application.

Now I am planning to apply for CEC PR, I was wondering if I declare my common law partner can it jeopardize my application as I did not mention common law in my work permit.

I even spoke with CIC agent and they said it is up to us to declare or not to declare common law as we have to prove it. However, if we declare it, we just include an explaination letter that we were not aware of common law, now that we got to know we are applying together.

andy.giang

Jul 31, 2023
hello @kanoon22
Hope you got this message.

I got in similar situation but I did not declare my common-law partner when I apply for my student visa. Now I would like her to declare and submit for the Open work permit to come with me. Not sure If you have succeed and any recommendation that you can help to share.

Thanks in advance,

Hello Guys,

I have a question. I have not declared my common-law partner in previous post graduate work permit application.

Now I am planning to apply for CEC PR, I was wondering if I declare my common law partner can it jeopardize my application as I did not mention common law in my work permit.

I even spoke with CIC agent and they said it is up to us to declare or not to declare common law as we have to prove it. However, if we declare it, we just include an explaination letter that we were not aware of common law, now that we got to know we are applying together.