+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did I inadvertently broke a law?

Dec 20, 2022
hi friends,

I was in Canada between 2013-2016 on a PGWP. During that period, there were some difficult times where I couldn't find a good job, therefore I did some short courses to improve my chances. Now I have ITA and filling out the E-APR and i must declare all my history. So basically I did a short food safety course in Ontario in the year of 2013 that lasted for one month. And after that I also did some training to get my commercial AZ truck license that lasted for another two months.

I was looking at my old PGWP today and it said no studying. But I remember vaguely that short term courses are allowed in Canada that aree less than six months long. But I am not sure if they can lead to a certificate or a driving license which is the case with me.

I want to be as honest as possible in regards to my application to cic and do not want to hide anything. But I am not sure if I accidentally broke a law of not studying on pgwp. Any of your comments or suggestions will be very welcome and I thank you all for your time.

SCC

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2016
As long as your courses were 6 months or less in duration, you are fine...

Dec 20, 2022
As long as your courses were 6 months or less in duration, you are fine...
THank you for your reply. The food safety course was one month long and the commercial driving license was 2 month long program. Is that okay? In the truck training course, I didn't recieve any certificate but for the food safety program, I did got a certificate. So even if I got a certificate but the program was less than six months, I am still fine right? CIC won't penalise me, right?

SCC

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2016
Totally fine... No issues..