+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did I commit a big mistake?

IamTheWalrus

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
I know that we aren't returned any documents that we submit to the CHC. I accidentally submitted my original loan sanction letter to them, I know very stupid of me. My question is will it be a problem at the port of entry and how will I be able to explain my stupidity? Help please :-[

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Walrus relax buddy. I hope bank can help you out with this and provide a duplicate copy of the same. In case they don't I suppose you have a Xerox copy of the original, get attested by the notary and I should do. I don't think they ask for original Sanction Letter there. But its better to be safe so talk to your bank asap.

Also don't worry that much buddy :).

IamTheWalrus

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Thanks for the reply dude, but my bank is being really weird about it (hence the sudden panic), I don't think so they are in the mood to give me another copy! So I'm thinking about getting the copy notarized, will that work?

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
It should work. But still try to convince them bro. You are in for Jan intake right? You have ample time to convince them.

Even though it was a mistake on your part but bro that can't be undone, so lets just focus on getting a new one. I remember someone on this forum posted that he got two original certificates from bank.

IamTheWalrus

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
I'll ask them but there's this one woman who really goes berserk so I'll try and talk to her when she seems to be in a good mood :p Thanks for the advice mate !

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
IamTheWalrus said:
I'll ask them but there's this one woman who really goes berserk so I'll try and talk to her when she seems to be in a good mood :p Thanks for the advice mate !
I am glad I could help (read: do nothing) bro :p.

But on a serious note, which bank is it? Try writing an application and submitting it with them. Its not like you will take 2 times the loan based on its photocopy so officially you can and you should ask for a duplicate copy from them only.

I hope that lady agrees to offer the same this time :).

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IamTheWalrus said:
I know that we aren't returned any documents that we submit to the CHC. I accidentally submitted my original loan sanction letter to them, I know very stupid of me. My question is will it be a problem at the port of entry and how will I be able to explain my stupidity? Help please :-[
Hi,

At the Port of Entry, you need;

1. Valid passport.
2. letter of introduction from the visa office that you received when your study permit was approved.
3. a valid temporary resident visa (if required).
4. a copy of the letter of acceptance from your school.
5. proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada.

For more information;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-arriving.asp

IamTheWalrus

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

At the Port of Entry, you need;

1. Valid passport.
2. letter of introduction from the visa office that you received when your study permit was approved.
3. a valid temporary resident visa (if required).
4. a copy of the letter of acceptance from your school.
5. proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada.

For more information;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-arriving.asp
So I do have the proof but the question is will a notarized copy of the sanction letter do?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IamTheWalrus said:
So I do have the proof but the question is will a notarized copy of the sanction letter do?

Hi,

Even a photocopy will do. No need to have it notarized.

I do not think if Loan sanction letter is really required at the Port of Entry.

IamTheWalrus

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

Even a photocopy will do. No need to have it notarized.

I do not think if Loan sanction letter is really required at the Port of Entry.
Brilliant Thanks mate. When are you leaving for Canada?