+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Development of Relationship Q9 (IMM5490)/Proof genuine relationship (IMM5540)

likeursula

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
File Transfer...
30-08-2016 (SA)
Hi Everyone,

First, I just want to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all their time and shared efforts - I've been lurking :D for months absorbing all the information which has been so helpful in putting together our application, which we hope to send out any day now!

Second, while I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, I am also starting to develop a sort of last minute panic about everything!

Namely, today I am doubting whether or not we should have taken a different approach to our relationship development/proof. We wrote a couple page document with links to appendices for supporting documentation - i.e., first moved into together in 2008 (see appendix X for copy of lease), travelled to Canada to be the witnesses at my sister's wedding in 2015, (see photo 5 appendix Y). The idea was that this letter could double as my (sponsor) "additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing" (IMM5540) and as the applicant's answer to Q9 "describe the development of your relationship." (IMM5490)

However, from whose perspective do we write this? It's currently written from my perspective (sponsor), because I tried to write a first draft in the third person and that just felt so unnatural and awkward. But on the other hand, it seems weird written from my perspective if its also an answer to a question on the applicant form. What did others do?

For the most part we have followed pelipeli's structure and advice canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t92449.0.html. However, almost all of our proof of relationship ends up in supporting documents because we use this letter to map out everything really, and provide an answer to my IMM5540 and the applicant's Q9 IMM5490 (with a clear table of contents, and answers in every section with cross references etc).

How did other people deal with this? Does anyone have any advice? Should we write this in the third person? Or should we have separate sections for all of this? (I find it confusing as proof for one thing is proof for another and etc etc).

My husband is from a visa exempt country, we are recently married but already common law for 7 years, sometimes I think I am overthinking things, but on the other hand, better safe than sorry when the stakes are high!

Hope this is clear!
Thanks in advance!

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
write true story

dolly0530

Star Member
May 1, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Mania VCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-16
AOR Received.
11-06-2016 AOR2: 29-07-16
File Transfer...
07-25-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016 Status: PASSED
likeursula said:
Hi Everyone,

First, I just want to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all their time and shared efforts - I've been lurking :D for months absorbing all the information which has been so helpful in putting together our application, which we hope to send out any day now!

Second, while I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, I am also starting to develop a sort of last minute panic about everything!

Namely, today I am doubting whether or not we should have taken a different approach to our relationship development/proof. We wrote a couple page document with links to appendices for supporting documentation - i.e., first moved into together in 2008 (see appendix X for copy of lease), travelled to Canada to be the witnesses at my sister's wedding in 2015, (see photo 5 appendix Y). The idea was that this letter could double as my (sponsor) "additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing" (IMM5540) and as the applicant's answer to Q9 "describe the development of your relationship." (IMM5490)

However, from whose perspective do we write this? It's currently written from my perspective (sponsor), because I tried to write a first draft in the third person and that just felt so unnatural and awkward. But on the other hand, it seems weird written from my perspective if its also an answer to a question on the applicant form. What did others do?

For the most part we have followed pelipeli's structure and advice canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t92449.0.html. However, almost all of our proof of relationship ends up in supporting documents because we use this letter to map out everything really, and provide an answer to my IMM5540 and the applicant's Q9 IMM5490 (with a clear table of contents, and answers in every section with cross references etc).

How did other people deal with this? Does anyone have any advice? Should we write this in the third person? Or should we have separate sections for all of this? (I find it confusing as proof for one thing is proof for another and etc etc).

My husband is from a visa exempt country, we are recently married but already common law for 7 years, sometimes I think I am overthinking things, but on the other hand, better safe than sorry when the stakes are high!

Hope this is clear!
Thanks in advance!
In our case.. We answered those question both, in my points of view as well for my husband's..it may seem redundant but thats the real case of what happened with regards to our relationship. We included a lot of proofs as evidence that our relationship is genuine..

Goodluck.. God bless

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
likeursula said:
Hi Everyone,

Hope this is clear!
Thanks in advance!
How I did our application was:

For the "describe the development of your relationship" - I put like a 2-3 page essay describing how our relationship developed from the day we met, our dates/trips together and how we stay in contact while we were apart (we were in a long distance relationship) until the date we got married and then on the next pages, I put all the pictures & supporting documentations, etc, in chronological order of how I described it in our essay.

for the "additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing" - my husband and I both made a one-page essay each of our personal account of our relationship (like what made us fall in love with each other, what our first impression was of each other was when we first met, the hobbies we like to do together, our plans we made for the future, etc - it was really sappy haha but it was in our own words and it was as real as it can be. Then I added more of the supporting documents of all the things that happened after our wedding date (more chat logs, pictures, plane tickets, etc.)

This worked best for us because he just stayed for a month after we got married and it took me another month after that before we could submit our application to CIC.