+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

detroit slow study permit

xyzvisa

Jun 21, 2011
Hey folks, I turned in my application on may 13th to the detroit embassy and its been more than the 28 days required. Yet I haven't heard from them. No return emails and cannot call them either.
is anybody else experiencing the same issue. I need my passport back. Help people any ideas!

martin-bs

Jul 5, 2011
Same here. It was more than 40 days and yesterday I received a phone call where I was informed that today i will get an e-mail requesting more documents. Not surprisingly the Romanian embassy's work time is almost over and I still do not have nothing in my mail box. One year earlier I had 2 months waiting in Japan for a Canadian study permit.

xyzvisa

Jun 21, 2011
for me its been 2 months now and i emailed the embassy last week and they emailed me back with a one-liner "you application is still in process. there is no additional information available at this time". im hoping it would get done soon now. I had to cancel my housing contract in canada for this reason. they have no sense of time very irresponsible of the embassy.

martin-bs

Jul 5, 2011
I have a very good opinion of Canada as a place. However, the embassy's speed of work is more than disappointing. I hardly can say anything good about it.