+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Desperately in need of Advice

Mfrithy

Oct 7, 2014
I am planning on going to Canada November 1 because my US visa will expire. I start school January 5. Would you recommend I go 2 months before school starts? I have no one in Canada and I need to find accommodations and get settled to start school.

cluster

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
October 2017
Nomination.....
PNP Ontario
AOR Received.
Waiting...
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
January 2018
VISA ISSUED...
January 2018
LANDED..........
Ottawa - January 2018
Mfrithy said:
I am planning on going to Canada November 1 because my US visa will expire. I start school January 5. Would you recommend I go 2 months before school starts? I have no one in Canada and I need to find accommodations and get settled to start school.
my opinion at least 15-20 days early

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Don't come here too early. One month in advance should be enough. My friend came here 3 months in advance and was asked to return her home country when she was at Toronto Pearson Airport. The officer said that coming here early is a sign of seeking an illegal employment.

Mfrithy

Oct 7, 2014
Thank you guys. I am in the United States on a working visa here. I have to look accommodation oFf campus and getting an idea of the place as I have no relatives or friends in Canada. Which is why I have changed my flight from Dec 13, 2014 to November 1. I email VAC Las Angeles and they told me I could have entered from August when I get the visa. I don't know anymore!!! :(

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Friends,

Just got an email from CIC saying "Your application has been updated" but when I login to CIC , no update..is is technical error or some kind of prank...anybody got da same ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mfrithy said:
Thank you guys. I am in the United States on a working visa here. I have to look accommodation oFf campus and getting an idea of the place as I have no relatives or friends in Canada. Which is why I have changed my flight from Dec 13, 2014 to November 1. I email VAC Las Angeles and they told me I could have entered from August when I get the visa. I don't know anymore!!! :(
You can certainly try entering 2 months early. However as others have explained, it's not guaranteed that you will be allowed to enter Canada if the immigration officer is concerned you're coming early to work. Make sure you have enough funds to cover your expenses for the two months you're coming early.